The Labour Government

Can someone balanced summaries this 2 child policy vote ?

What is Starmers reasoning ?

Pretty simply it cost £3.4Bn a year - They have prioritised funding other things like new teachers/NHS appointments. They think they have to be seen to be fiscally credible and balance the books to be electable so this isn’t something they say they can afford to do (yet).

They were pretty clear about it in the campaign and got voted in which is tacit agreement from the electorate. So they can’t exactly turn 180 degrees in three weeks and suddenly do it or they’d be giving credence to all the things the opposition claimed about them loosening the purse strings as soon as they got in office.

Whether they had to three line whip on it is another question. Honestly I understand why people are vocal about it but if this is such a principle position for some Labour MPs then they probably shouldn’t have been campaigning for a party standing on a platform of keeping it in place.

They will find a way to get rid of the cap before the next Parliament, I’m fairly sure of it, but they need some form of cover to do it or they risk getting immediately labelled with their traditional “spending money and dishing out cash to scroungers” tag which recently cost them 14 years in office.

Another example of him fudging what racism and fascism is as he’s uncomfortable that he shares the same views as those that are being called racist and fascist.

What views are they? I don’t monitor his (or anyone’s) posts so genuine question. I’ve seen him say a bit about immigration and stop the boats etc - is that it? I mean it’s government policy right so in what way are his views significantly different to make them racist?

No real need to answer mate, as no sense derailing the thread, but I do think that term gets chucked around a bit too freely and should be reserved for the racist cunts that do walk this planet otherwise it diminishes it’s power a bit. A big Labour supporter on here used a term that was, in my opinion, racist in words a few months back in how they referred to Sunak by unnecessarily referencing his heritage, it doesn’t mean for one minute I think they are a racist by any stretch of the imagination. I called it out and the mods dealt with it. You’ll note I don’t call them out as it’s been and gone, I think we can be a bit guilty of a pack mentality here at times which can turn in to a witch hunt.

What views are they? I don’t monitor his (or anyone’s) posts so genuine question. I’ve seen him say a bit about immigration and stop the boats etc - is that it? I mean it’s government policy right so in what way are his views significantly different to make them racist?

No real need to answer mate, as no sense derailing the thread, but I do think that term gets chucked around a bit too freely and should be reserved for the racist cunts that do walk this planet otherwise it diminishes it’s power a bit. A big Labour supporter on here used a term that was, in my opinion, racist in words a few months back in how they referred to Sunak by unnecessarily referencing his heritage, it doesn’t mean for one minute I think they are a racist by any stretch of the imagination. I called it out and the mods dealt with it. You’ll note I don’t call them out as it’s been and gone, I think we can be a bit guilty of a pack mentality here at times which can turn in to a witch hunt.
I don’t band the term Willy nilly. It’s reserved for those that I believe are. I won’t derail the thread further. Maybe you’ll notice it more, maybe you won’t. The evidence is on the board, should you either wish to find it or stumble across it.

Fiscal competence. If he had lost the vote, what Reeves had been put in place on the messaging if fiscal competence would have been undermined.

It needs to go, but they need to find a credible way to "fund it".

There are plenty of ways to fund it, they're choosing not to.

They will wait for the review of child poverty to be produced and take action accordingly and not be used by the likes of the SNP to make political gain.

cool.gif

My sons lucky in that I’m in the position where I can pay off his fees for him up front, plenty aren’t though.
If you’ve got that cash to spare you’d be better off giving it him to use as a deposit on a house or to invest which would likely yield a bigger amount than the extra salary deductions apportioned to the loan. 83% of students don’t pay off their full student loan anyway, so it’s a bit pointless wasting your money like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.