The Labour Government

Im not moaning ... just stating the facts that the 'Right' won't acknowledge

A party that chooses to treat people like shit is not a political ideology that I can embrace..... sorry

All I said is that they are not detained, that's the truth it has nothing to do with left right or the horses backside.

As for treating people like shit you mean checking who these people are before giving them access to the wider country? Thankfully your views are in the minority.

The same party from which a succession of Mp's have appeared in the media clutching their pearls about voter 'intimidation' over the last 3 weeks.

Chief culprit being this sweaty ****

Genuinely a face that you wouldn't get tired of punching.

Indeed - anyone who actually would press a nuclear button is clearly a psychopath. Who knows if the pantomime of deterrent works, but it's a bizarre place that it's taken us to.

Still, while appearing tough is also a show, I expect that John McDonnell is quite happy with his profile these days, and a nice six month suspension. He could have voted against Blair hundreds of times without anyone noticing, so this is probably a pleasant change.
Clearly we have softened thanks to decades of peace (ironically brought by the existence of nuclear weapons).

If you know the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany and Japan then you will understand why using nuclear weapons sometimes borders upon justifiable and defence is how their use will always be determined here.

A government that refuses to press the nuclear button is not fit to lead the country in its (potentially last) defence.

Clearly we have softened thanks to decades of peace (ironically brought by the existence of nuclear weapons).

If you know the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany and Japan then you will understand why using nuclear weapons sometimes borders upon justifiable and defence is how their use will always be determined here.

A government that refuses to press the nuclear button is not fit to lead the country in its (potentially last) defence.

I really hope it's not "soft" to prefer not to destroy the entire planet :)

WW2 and the atom bombs are an entirely different debate, from a very different time. Nuclear weapons are much more powerful than the atom bombs that were dropped at the end of WW2, and they're also available to both sides in any likely future conflict.

The debate about pressing the button is always about mutually assured destruction. There isn't a way in which you win a war against another nuclear power. By pressing the button, you just make sure everyone loses much more quickly.

And I stand by the comment, we're in a bizarre world, where we have to say we'd press the button supposedly to stop the other side - and I do understand that argument, and maybe it's true. However, if Russia, for example, had launched a full strike against Europe and the US, life is over for us. Anyone actually going ahead and pressing in retaliation, is simply murdering millions of innocent people for the sake of an absolutely pointless revenge. The leader who presses the button would be committing atrocities many, many times worse than anything the Nazis did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.