The Labour Government

So Starmer’s cabinet contains 3 people who aren’t MPs

Valance, Timpson, and Hermer.

I think this said it best when Cameron was given a role as a peer in the Tory government,

What's good for the goose is good for the gander doesn't apply here mate.

So Starmer’s cabinet contains 3 people who aren’t MPs

Valance, Timpson, and Hermer.

I think this said it best when Cameron was given a role as a peer in the Tory government,
Nope. Two of them are ministers that will report to someone in the cabinet, and the third is the Attorney General whose role is to provide legal advice to the government, and although he will attend cabinet meetings he is not formally in the cabinet. Not comparable to one of the great offices of state being handed to someone unelected.

I'm not saying I disagree with the PM making decisions based on efficiency and the best person for the job, but excusing posters hypocrisy is different.
Nothing hypocritical. Starmer hasn’t put non-elected people in the cabinet.

You do know the difference between a junior minister and a Secretary of State?

Nothing hypocritical. Starmer hasn’t put non-elected people in the cabinet.

You do know the difference between a junior minister and a Secretary of State?

Are they MP's?

I didn't judge the decision I just confirmed that when the Tories did a similar thing they got shit for it, you'll never see the comparison because you're an ideologue so it's a bit like talking to a badly drawn wall.

Are they MP's?

I didn't judge the decision I just confirmed that when the Tories did a similar thing they got shit for it, you'll never see the comparison because you're an ideologue so it's a bit like talking to a badly drawn wall.
That wasn’t the point. The attempted comparison was cabinet members not junior ministers. There have always been junior ministers from the HoL but the person accountable is their elected boss in the cabinet. The comparison was wrong and you’re too much of an ideologue to admit it.

That wasn’t the point. The attempted comparison was cabinet members not junior ministers. There have always been junior ministers from the HoL but the person accountable is their elected boss in the cabinet. The comparison was wrong and you’re too much of an ideologue to admit it.

Did you miss my comment about badly drawn wall?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.