The Labour Government

Reeves has never in her time pre shaddow cabinet of durimg shie away from espousing her austerity beliefs.

Anyone paying attention knew this was coming so it is not a big shock or evidence of pre election lying on her part, as she has openly been suggesting public spending caps and cuts for over a decade and is known as no friend of the poor or disadvantaged.

The incompetence of the shitgibbons previously in power fucking up our finance has helped her drive her ideology into being

Whatever she inherited it’s still a political choice and one that Starmer is going to have to sanction. He picked her for this job, he probably because he knew she’d not demand widespread tax rises.

They will have a lot of difficult decisions to make in the coming months which will no doubt upset some of their voters and give the Tory worshippers something to say ‘I told you’ but make no mistake, those decisions will be mostly made due to the shambles they have inherited.

I’d say the first month has been ok considering..

They will have a lot of difficult decisions to make in the coming months which will no doubt upset some of their voters and give the Tory worshippers something to say ‘I told you’ but make no mistake, those decisions will be mostly made due to the shambles they have inherited.

Well they’ve said they would hike the big 4 taxes but I just can’t see how they can plug the £20 billion hole without doing it, the NI one seems the easier one to do than the others, unless of course they hit companies for windfall taxes.

Adults that ignore and lie about an Important issue before the election, even though it was easily apparent, and then use the issue for political purposes at the earliest opportunity?

That sort of adult? I think you need a better riposte.
All politicians lie. I dont know why you guys vote for any of them.

I have voted once, and it was to remove this bunch if liars we've just had.

The problem is that the electorate is infantile, so politicians must lie. It's like Mummy telling you the bogeyman is coming if you don't go to sleep.

To give but one example. Social care. It is costing more and more because more and more people are living to advanced old age and relatively few have assets you can steal to cover more than two or three years at best. All this cost falls on Councils, typically paying £1000 a week and upwards to keep them in a private-sector 'care' home. The actual carers get paid peanuts. The profit goes to hedge funds and similar bent twats and it all comes out of your Council Tax. It is taking up around 60% of each Council's income and it's invisible to most taxpayers. Unless you've a relative in care you have no real idea. You think you're paying for nothing.

That's just one area of spending. The idea you can magic this away is absurd. (Unless you're a Nazi and advocate compulsory euthanasia.)

People want to believe that all spending is about painting lamposts in rainbow colours and employing diversity managers. But it really isn't.

The problem is that the electorate is infantile, so politicians must lie. It's like Mummy telling you the bogeyman is coming if you don't go to sleep.

To give but one example. Social care. It is costing more and more because more and more people are living to advanced old age and relatively few have assets you can steal to cover more than two or three years at best. All this cost falls on Councils, typically paying £1000 a week and upwards to keep them in a private-sector 'care' home. The actual carers get paid peanuts. The profit goes to hedge funds and similar bent twats and it all comes out of your Council Tax. It is taking up around 60% of each Council's income and it's invisible to most taxpayers. Unless you've a relative in care you have no real idea. You think you're paying for nothing.

That's just one area of spending. The idea you can magic this away is absurd. (Unless you're a Nazi and advocate compulsory euthanasia.)

People want to believe that all spending is about painting lamposts in rainbow colours and employing diversity managers. But it really isn't.
A bit condescending

Let’s see where we are after the first year.

A bit condescending
Maybe, but I speak as I find.

Most people are in complete denial about the inescapable costs of a modern state. And, by the way, the example I gave was just one example. There are tons more. There are absolutely no easy answers.

Do you imagine politicians tax us just because it's fun? Where is the political advantage in doing so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.