The Labour Government

It is surprising how many of these people reporting on the 'millionaire' pensioners who allegedly spend their WFA on holidays, BBQs, Christmas presents never seem to speak to the pensioners who don't spend their WFA on those things but spend it on their Electricity and Gas bills or even buy themselves a big jumper to keep themselves warm.
They do exist those people, the middle ground ones, the ones who are not 'millionaires' (either property rich or pension rich) the ones who are not quite on the poverty line (not having to switch off their gas/electric) but the ones who are keeping it together and have a few spare pounds for the items stated above. Anyone of these know it alls ever spoken to them I wonder? :-) :-(

The whole point of bringing "cars for the disabled" into this argument was to stop the cunts who don't really need them (blaggers) .....not to fuck up people who are genuine.

For example those who give their cars to family members which also happens a lot. The druggies exaggerating their issues...the list is endless.

But no lets take winter fuel allowance off old cunts .....so easy that.

So I'm not sure why it's going down this road?
Happens a lot my arse.
You want to change the circle you move in.

a post devoid of knowledge but big on R/W press rhetoric. Public service pensions aren't the golden ticket you believe they are. Every pension reflects contributions and length or service. My brother-in-law 9 years in the Army qualifies for a small pension. My wife 10 years in the Civil Service with a similar return. I was astonished when speaking to 2 friends a few weeks ago when on holiday one has long service in local govt one central govt - compared to my pensions in the private sector they are looking at no big deal.

My nieces husband retired from the Fire and Rescue Services at 50 a couple of years ago - long service and with contributions that would make the eyes of most of us water have at least left him sitting pretty.

The press will always find someone - probably left leaning or in what they consider a "non-job" like health and safety who get a decent payoff but the one's who get the big bucks are in Parliament - mostly those who tell you to hate other people rather than encourage you to ask your employer "why can't I have that" - example would be Liz Truss is 14 years my junior and is getting 10x my pensions for life for 49 days "service"
Having joined the Army at 15 and completing 11 years service, I went on to join the Fire Service. I recently retired at not too bad an age. My contributions over the years were very expensive. The pension I receive now are all those years of salary that was sacrificed. There was nothing to stop many of the people who moan taking the same path as myself, or at least stash money in a pension. Envy, jealousy resentment get the better of some people.

Having joined the Army at 15 and completing 11 years service, I went on to join the Fire Service. I recently retired at not too bad an age. My contributions over the years were very expensive. The pension I receive now are all those years of salary that was sacrificed. There was nothing to stop many of the people who moan taking the same path as myself, or at least stash money in a pension. Envy, jealousy resentment get the better of some people.

The rhetoric of the Right - convince people who are not well off are in that position because some people a bit better off are the reason BUT whatever you can believe its never the person whispering in your ear.

Remember that old cartoon of a Rupert Murdoch character whispering into the ear of a worker that it was the migrant across the table that would mean you could lose that cookie?

The rhetoric of the Right - convince people who are not well off are in that position because some people a bit better off are the reason BUT whatever you can believe its never the person whispering in your ear.

Remember that old cartoon of a Rupert Murdoch character whispering into the ear of a worker that it was the migrant across the table that would mean you could lose that cookie?
Yes, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Governments and their lackeys the media, all of whom are owned by billionaires, love all this. Divide and conquer, keep the plebs arguing amongst themselves and turning on one another. Meanwhile they keep lining their pockets while our attention is distracted.

Governments and their lackeys the media, all of whom are owned by billionaires, love all this. Divide and conquer, keep the plebs arguing amongst themselves and turning on one another. Meanwhile they keep lining their pockets while our attention is distracted.

errr - arse about face there mate - the Govt these days are the lackeys of the media not the other way around lol.

Just by way of another reference I have a former colleague who worked for the same insurance company for over 40 years - all pensionable. The pension schemes rules meant once 40 years were up he could no longer contribute though his investment would still grow. For some time he made AVC's too. By far the biggest element it earned was when he worked for them on the IoM - tax haven which is why the rich like Mr Mone lives there etc. And thats pension growth in the pvte sector not a mythical "gold plated" public sector one.

Finally Junior Doctors accept Government pay deal and no threat of further strikes.

Starmer also meeting Italian PM to discuss asylum and migration issue.

Good day for Labour.

The facts suggest that nearly 1 in 4 pensioners are asset millionaires, should all of those get a free £200 for fuel? It makes sense that at the very least it should be means tested and in my opinion not paid as cash. Working families don't have the luxury of such assets and will have mortgage repayments etc plus fuel bills so where is their £200?

Obviously there are many pensioners who aren't asset millionaires but then the poorest pensioners will be on pension credit where they'll get the £200 anyway. Somebody on pension credit has to have less than £10k cash and anybody with more than that can surely afford to lose £200 a year?

The only problem is with the shear unknown amounts who are eligible for such benefits but aren't claiming them but I suspect there will have been a huge spike in claims in recent weeks. That money saved by Starmer will therefore probably not amount to much anyway.
I disagree on many levels. All sorts of people have £1m homes but very little income, so I am sure even some of these - the notionally very richest - will sorely miss the £300. (you keep saying £200 but often it is £300).

And all sorts of people will NOT qualify for pension credit. If you have an income of more than £11,400, then you do not qualify. No-one on £11,500 can afford a £200 or £300 loss of income. And all sorts of people on LESS than £11,400 wlll not even APPLY for pension credit due to a variety of reasons. They will be even more badly hit.

It's mind boggling that you are even trying to defend this, it really is. If this was a Tory policy, you'd be up in arms over it. You know that, I know that, we all know that.

Last edited:
Or should working families continue to struggle to heat their own homes whilst paying taxes which allow Jim and Vera to go to Benidorm with their £200?
But they are taking the money OFF the working families so they can struggle to heat their homes even more. Cannot believe you are not saying this is an outrage. Which OF COURSE it is.

It's the worst policy ever inflicted by a Labour government, it's THAT bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.