The Labour Government

I wonder how long the suspensions will last?

I'll wager until parliament comes back off holiday in September when Starmer needs everyone back on board for a couple of bills that the Daily Heil will hit the nuclear button.
The suspension is for an initial six months.

Have you seen the majority that Labour has?

Starmer isn’t going to need seven MPs.

We could save 20Bn just by changing how we manage our fiscal reserves, which currently is in effect, subsidising the banking sector.

Spending pressures in non-protected departments were signalled in the March Budget, and therefore required an amended spending profile if they were to be avoided. It was government policy, and obvious to anyone who cared to read the documents.

The OBR actually provided additional analysis on how spending cuts planned one, two years ahead typically fail to emerge in a comprehensive spending review, thereby requiring additional funding. This point was also made by groups such as the IFS in the run up to the election.

So, after completely ignoring this issue in the run up to the election, do you think it’s credible for Reeves to say that she’s now about to provide an honest assessment of the public finances?
Absolutely credible. Ever thought that now having full access to all areas she could have unearthed more issues the Tories were hiding? I suspect that will be the case.

Let’s see what she has to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.