The Labour Government

Absolutely credible. Ever thought that now having full access to all areas she could have unearthed more issues the Tories were hiding? I suspect that will be the case.

Let’s see what she has to say.
Whilst I agree that we should wait and see. Labour haven't done themselves any favours by painting themselves into a corner on VAT, NI, Income Tax and Pensions. I fully understand that they did it to win votes, but they run the risk of just looking like the next set of liars. It also makes it more difficult to justify the proposed 5.5% pay award for public sector workers which is much higher, if you believe what they say, than was budgeted.

Maybe an option would be to generate an entirely new ring fenced tax to cover healthcare, that everyone pays into. Still keep NI to cover pensions/social security etc. After all the Tory's did some time ago suggest a tax purely to cover social care.

Austerity Reeves this afternoon by all accounts.

Will be interesting to read reactions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.