The Labour Government

That's no difference at all.

I've travelled to the USA for work and pleasure for many decades, on the whole I loved the people and places I've visited, I'm particularly fond of Philadelphia, though some folk consider it a shit hole.

My sister in law has been to the States once and not by design spent her time with the MAGA crowd, she'll never go back, she hates the place.

Our opinions are formed by experience, we know this, but for most of us they're not baked in, they're subject to change, most importantly of all they do not follow ethnic lines. My dislike for Parisians is based on my experiences of Paris, I've no love for London, though I lived there for many years, But my opinion of these people does not preclude the existence of decent Parisians, or Londoners, nor do i consider myself "better" than them based on my ethnicity or the colour of my skin.

I like the Germans, I'm not fond of the Dutch, I like Nigerians, though most folk I know do not, I'm particularly fond of Ghanaians but I'm not keen on South Africans, I find Australians too blunt for my taste and I hate doing business with the Greeks, but I love doing business with the Turks, I adore Turkey.

We all have opinions of people and places and some of them are ill informed and not very nice, but racism is a horse of a different colour, excuse the deliberate pun. Racism is the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Those tweets might be in bad taste, but only those wanting to find racism will find any.

Disliking so many people I think the problem may be you:-)

On the face of it ... she has broken the Public Order Act of 1986.(Part 3)

In England, Wales, and Scotland, the Public Order Act 1986 prohibits, by its Part 3, expressions of racial hatred, which is defined as hatred against a group of persons by reason of the group's colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins. Section 18 of the Act says:

Offences under Part 3 carry a maximum sentence of seven years imprisonment or a fine or both.[9]
To avoid accusations of a two tier response, as well as arresting and charge her for her alleged offence, the same criteria should be applied to Boris Johnson, Suella Braverman and several other former government ministers and MPs.

Disliking so many people I think the problem may be you:-)
EcJ_j42XYAAcsGq.jpg

That's no difference at all.

I've travelled to the USA for work and pleasure for many decades, on the whole I loved the people and places I've visited, I'm particularly fond of Philadelphia, though some folk consider it a shit hole.

My sister in law has been to the States once and not by design spent her time with the MAGA crowd, she'll never go back, she hates the place.

Our opinions are formed by experience, we know this, but for most of us they're not baked in, they're subject to change, most importantly of all they do not follow ethnic lines. My dislike for Parisians is based on my experiences of Paris, I've no love for London, though I lived there for many years, But my opinion of these people does not preclude the existence of decent Parisians, or Londoners, nor do i consider myself "better" than them based on my ethnicity or the colour of my skin.

I like the Germans, I'm not fond of the Dutch, I like Nigerians, though most folk I know do not, I'm particularly fond of Ghanaians but I'm not keen on South Africans, I find Australians too blunt for my taste and I hate doing business with the Greeks, but I love doing business with the Turks, I adore Turkey.

We all have opinions of people and places and some of them are ill informed and not very nice, but racism is a horse of a different colour, excuse the deliberate pun. Racism is the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Those tweets might be in bad taste, but only those wanting to find racism will find any.

I get all that and I don’t for one second think this is a racist post, nor do I think it’s illegal but I’m not a lawyer, copper or a judge. I agree it was bad taste but that doesn’t really matter in the political context.

They have to be so careful these days, as I said above anyone who wants to be a politician who doesn’t sort out their socials is an idiot. Ultimately if she had dropped the word Estonian from her post none of this would have happened, would it have made her post any less as a consequence of doing so? Nope. Silly lady.

To avoid accusations of a two tier response, as well as arresting and charge her for her alleged offence, the same criteria should be applied to Boris Johnson, Suella Braverman and several other former government ministers and MPs.

Absolutely, if this is deemed to break the law then there are a lot of people who are in trouble.

I get all that and I don’t for one second think this is a racist post, nor do I think it’s illegal but I’m not a lawyer, copper or a judge. I agree it was bad taste but that doesn’t really matter in the political context.

They have to be so careful these days, as I said above anyone who wants to be a politician who doesn’t sort out their socials is an idiot. Ultimately if she had dropped the word Estonian from her post none of this would have happened, would it have made her post any less as a consequence of doing so? Nope. Silly lady.

But not quite as silly as Lucy Connolly ,the wife of a Tory Councillor, who is appearing in court as I type , charged wire stirring up racial hatred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.