The Labour Government

Reeves’ remark after dishing out the 20%-plus pay rise to the junior doctors was that the cost of the move was a ‘drop in the ocean’ compared to the cost of industrial action.

Anybody even remotely interested in maintaining a negotiating position would never make a statement like that.
Why the fuck wouldn't they? The Junior Doctors were originally after 35% so to get them to agree to 21% represents a saving.

TBF half of the black hole is of Reeves making. She then cut things like the WFA to reduce the overall £25bn black hole. Thats not to say her decisions are wrong (although I do not personally agree with the WFA one) but rather to say that just blaming the Tories or, indeed, Labour is wrong. Obviously Reeves wants us to think she had no other choices but she did and she does.

IMG_4745.png

Reactions: PPT
They haven’t negotiated a single thing. They have simply thrown buckets of tax payers money away at the drop of a hat. Partly paid for by allowing pensioners to freeze to death this winter.
My mum and dad won’t be getting it but then they never needed it because my dad planned for his retirement, he used to laugh when the money came through, in fact he has more money now than he knows what to do with, but he won’t spend it because he’s always been frugal, if you are on pension credits you get it, you know those that did fuck all planning in their working lives and had the personal allowance frozen by those twatty Tories, bringing those pensioners into paying income tax! We keep been told loads of old people have shit loads of money so why give them free cash if they don’t really need it?

TBF half of the black hole is of Reeves making. She then cut things like the WFA to reduce the overall £25bn black hole. Thats not to say her decisions are wrong (although I do not personally agree with the WFA one) but rather to say that just blaming the Tories or, indeed, Labour is wrong. Obviously Reeves wants us to think she had no other choices but she did and she does.

View attachment 128298
How much did it cost for constant industrial action though? How much did cost over last few years and the subsequent knock on effects of millions on waiting lists when they could be back at work now rather than been on the sick, that will have cost the country billions as well. It’s going to take two terms to sort this shit show out and maybe then we might see some light at the end of the tunnel.

My mum and dad won’t be getting it but then they never needed it because my dad planned for his retirement, he used to laugh when the money came through, in fact he has more money now than he knows what to do with, but he won’t spend it because he’s always been frugal, if you are on pension credits you get it, you know those that did fuck all planning in their working lives and had the personal allowance frozen by those twatty Tories, bringing those pensioners into paying income tax! We keep been told loads of old people have shit loads of money so why give them free cash if they don’t really need it?

I think we can all agree the WFA wasn’t required by all so universally cutting it wasn’t a bad decision, it was just where they drew the line to cut it that’s the issue. Anyone getting over 218.15 a week won’t get it with the full state pension being £221.20. These aren’t what anyone would call wealthy pensioners if that’s their sole income.

I think we can all agree the WFA wasn’t required by all so universally cutting it wasn’t a bad decision, it was just where they drew the line to cut it that’s the issue. Anyone getting over 218.15 a week won’t get it with the full state pension being £221.20. These aren’t what anyone would call wealthy pensioners if that’s their sole income.
No they aren’t mate but who’s fault is that, peoples life choices etc plus maybe bad look they ended up in that position, for me fucking off that personal allowance freeze would help bring more money in as a lot of people would then spend that extra cash, by the time it’s up we should be on around £14k beofre any tax paid but it will still be £12570 after 6 years! So they are missing out on people spending £1500 each on the economy, that soon adds up in tax revenue.

How much did it cost for constant industrial action though? How much did cost over last few years and the subsequent knock on effects of millions on waiting lists when they could be back at work now rather than been on the sick, that will have cost the country billions as well. It’s going to take two terms to sort this shit show out and maybe then we might see some light at the end of the tunnel.

They’re sunk costs mate so don’t create black holes.

The government have made a couple of gambles on pay awards, like you say getting people “back to work” (doctors) and get them “to work” (trains) these are both growth centric policies so you can’t complain at the reasoning. Reeves has spoken a lot on growth so I’m keen to hear her plans in that regard.

For me they’ve done a decent job so far but they were ill advised to explain their reasons for the pay award to junior doctors because now the nurses aren’t happy and they now know what they need to do if they want pay restoration (bring it to a halt). Sometimes it takes a bit of time to switch from opposition mode to government and they’ll learn and get better as they go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.