The Labour Government

The national minimum wage is around £10k PA more than the State Pension.
Every recipient of the full state pension who has paid into a state pension for 35 years has to earn a bit more than the state pension in other income to be above the minimum wage.
Yet every pensioner in this bracket will lose the winter fuel allowance - though some will be able to claim some additional pension credits - though many will be too proud to even try.
The Labour Party predicted 4000 deaths in 2017 for a proposed measure that merely taxed the Winter Fuel Allowance payment.
What's changed?
Incidently - Pension Credit top up payment's can only be claimed on total Pensioner income at or below the following thresholds:
£218.15 if you're single. £332.95 if you're a couple.
Of course means tested benefits are only taken up by around 60% of people and cost between £4 and £6 a week to administer (between £208 and 320 a year) All info in here:

Last edited:
I retired 3 years ago at 60 on workplace pensions. Won't see state until 68. I own my house - does benefits pick up the rent if you sell up and go to rent
Doubt it but I was talking about once you hit state pension age, get yourself to Vegas blow it on Charlie and birds come back, you’ll not get pension credit anyway with your workplace pension but once your in your care home you won’t care anyway.

Again, we shouldn't be taking off pensioners to fund the people not working. Don't bring the disabled or sick into it they are a drop in the ocean.

Excuses excuses excuses.
My wife lives off dla and doesn't get winter fuel allowance.
Her parents own a house worth over half a million and have over 100k in the bank. They get wfa.

Incidently - Pension Credit top up payment's can only be claimed on total Pensioner income at or below the following thresholds:
£218.15 if you're single. £332.95 if you're a couple.
Of course means tested benefits are only taken up by around 60% of people and cost between £4 and £6 a week to administer (between £208 and 320 a year) All info in here:
yeah try living on £218 quid a week. Some right clueless cunts on here

It is obvious but did they have to make the pensioners pay for it ? Tell me why they couldn’t have gone after Tax fraud and introduce a staged withdrawal of WFP
People are posting as if this is the only measure labour are taking. I’m sure the category of people you said ( and many others), will be targeted.

People are posting as if this is the only measure labour are taking. I’m sure the category of people you said ( and many others), will be targeted.
yeah more pensioners hammered with council tax discount removal.

Labour Tory all cunts

Was it Brown who decided to raid the pension fund and combine it into general taxation that’s when he changed the name into a benefit.
Even pensioners pay tax the chancellor hopes they won’t be around or very few by the next election

It was Osborne .... who then used the change to increase the pension age and steal billions off the 50's women.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.