The Labour Government

That reply had no bearing at all to what I stated, my position is fairly clear and that position is that a real Labour party should help the poor first.

The new disciples of Kier however are just Tories, everyone should bite the bullet to help those less fortunate but the new Tories haven't mentioned anything other than pensioners just yet.

Let me make it clear, he shouldn't have started with them he should have eventually gotten around to them, slippery fucker that he is.
I actually don't know what you stated position is in so many areas.

Here's an idea: They maintain their position on the WFA but raise the Pension Credit threshold to, let's say, £16000. That gets around the major problem of those people who have a small personal pension losing out. at the same time there is a commitment that those pensioners on the very lowest income will be reviewed with a view to actually increasing the WFA for those from next year.

I've no doubt that every single person in this country is going to have to take some pain in some way, to what degree we will have to wait and see.

I agree they shouldn't have started with them but I do think that the Qualifying Week has something to do with it.

If that were true, and there we no connection between you contributing NI and your pension benefit, then why do you have to contribute 10 years of NI to qualify for any state pension and 35 to qualify for it all? That that correlation exists creates a contract.

The fact the government pay for current pensions out of current taxes is “just in time” financial planning on their part.
Exactly. And why can you pay any NI you have missed to increase your pension?
With that alone there has to be a direct link to NI contributions to the level of state pension you receive. To say their is no link is utter claptrap

Looking forward to the numerous Labour MPs who have been briefing the media how upset they are over the WFA taking a moral stance today....... by abstaining.
I'm sure that will warm the hearts of pensioners this winter.
People don’t vote MPs in to abstain. That’s a cowards way out. Vote in favour or against. Any MP who abstains on this or any other vote need to be called out by the people they are elected by. Shithouses of the highest order.

Here's an idea: They maintain their position on the WFA but raise the Pension Credit threshold to, let's say, £16000. That gets around the major problem of those people who have a small personal pension losing out. at the same time there is a commitment that those pensioners on the very lowest income will be reviewed with a view to actually increasing the WFA for those from next year.
They raised the "new" state pension to just £4 over the pension credit limit for a reason. To stop people claiming pension credit. No chance that gets raised.

People on pension credit are better off than people who have only state pension.

That isn't right.

They raised the "new" state pension to just £4 over the pension credit limit for a reason. To stop people claiming pension credit. No chance that gets raised.

People on pension credit are better off than people who have only state pension.

That isn't right.

'They' being the Conservatives.

I wish that peopled made this much fuss when the Tories 'honoured' the Triple Lock promise but then failed to increase the minimum tax threshold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.