The Labour Government

I’ve not looked at the German plan but what would they do with unsuccessful applicants processed in Rwanda? Leave them there would be my guess.

So you might be forgiven for thinking it’s the “same arse, different cheek” if UK policy was to process in UK and transport failed asylum seekers to Rwanda rather than the German policy of transporting them to Rwanda for processing and leave the failed asylum seekers there.

It's pretty much the same thing mate, dressing it up as "It's a bit different" doesn't make a jot of difference. The Germans are getting desperate to quell this flow of asylum going as far as firming up its borders, they are no longer welcoming every person with open arms.

Catch them deport them then process them offshore that's the German plan and the EU are also considering it, we can't even put them on a barge without causing a fuss in the aisles.

It's pretty much the same thing mate, dressing it up as "It's a bit different" doesn't make a jot of difference. The Germans are getting desperate to quell this flow of asylum going as far as firming up its borders, they are no longer welcoming every person with open arms.

Catch them deport them then process them offshore that's the German plan and the EU are also considering it, we can't even put them on a barge without causing a fuss in the aisles.

It's nothing like the same thing.

One is legal, and the successful refugees get to go to the country they applied in. The other is illegal, and the refugees end up in a poor African country, from where they're likely to just try and make the same trip again.

It's nothing like the same thing.

One is legal, and the successful refugees get to go to the country they applied in. The other is illegal, and the refugees end up in a poor African country, from where they're likely to just try and make the same trip again.

Why were bedwetters opposed to the barge plan? Why were the serial complainers whinging about hotels that were being used?

I'll tell you why, the Tories wouldn't have done anything suitable.

It's all fine now though because Starmer the liar is formulating a plan to stop the boats.

As far as I can see, there was no plan. Someone suggested it, and it was dismissed by more senior people in the German government.

It's also very, very different.

Legally, you're allowed to deport failed asylum seekers, and those that fail in the UK, would also be deported. I'd guess the thinking behind offshore processing, is that they don't disappear into the illegal economy while waiting in the UK, and if their application fails, then they are probably more easily deported to their home country, or perhaps somewhere else. It's probably worth bearing in mind that most asylum claims are successful.

I appreciate it wasn’t an actual German government policy but rather some muted plan. And I equally appreciate that illegal asylum seekers aren’t as big of an issue that it takes up so much of our political energies.

All that said I still don’t really see the difference. Anyroads it not that important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.