The Labour Government

That's probably because to be fair Germany has taken millions of them in. How many have we taken in the last 5 years, is it even 100,000?

1.2m people entered the UK last year, 30,000 of them in small boats, it gets a lot of press but it represents an almost irrelevant 2.5% of total immigration.

My only problem with it is the simple fact that it costs us billions. The Rwanda scheme would of cost billions and all of that to deter 30,000 people a year or less?

Germany took millions of them doesn't mean everyone else has to, in fact many of them shot through to go to other European countries.

We really do need to differentiate here between asylum and economic migrants.

It’s a very poor political strategy. It can’t and won’t be forgotten due to the fact every time a pensioner dies in the winter due to the cold weather, the press and the media will be all over it. It’s impossible to forget it. But that what happens when ideology gets in the way of rational thought. Privately I can imagine Labour are now wishing they never did it. For a government this new they should be enjoying a honeymoon period. It’s gone the other way, the discontent is growing. Couple this Starmer’s persistent negativity and threats about what might be coming in next months budget, you really do wonder who is advising them.
Spot on.

They cannot possibly be pleased with how this WFA debacle has been received. They will surely know it was a crap decision. I would imagine teflon Starmer will have been kicking Reeves all over the office about it.

So they were stuck. Cave in and potentially look weak. Or admit they got it wrong and backtrack. Again they chose the wrong option. The country would have warmed to the novelty of a politician saying, sorry we are trying to make the right changes but on reflection we got this one wrong. Instead they went for the "no, we really are cunts" image. Sorry, "no, we really are lying cunts".

I have to say I am enjoying these past few weeks. I could not have hoped it would have gone worse for them than this. Carry on, it's marvellous. 5 more years? 5 more months at this rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT
Germany took millions of them doesn't mean everyone else has to, in fact many of them shot through to go to other European countries.

We really do need to differentiate here between asylum and economic migrants.
Indeed but the Channel is a natural obstacle to us taking millions or around 100,000 as we have. I don't think there is anything we can do about it. We don't need to destroy our standing as a country by withdrawing from international conventions or breaking international law.

I actually think the focus is put on this problem purely because nobody has any solution to the real problem which is the 1.1m that enter every year legally. We're still facing skills and labour shortages so is that 1.1m serving our needs? I'm not so sure, especially since Brexit removed the ease of movement of labour with the continent.

Indeed but the Channel is a natural obstacle to us taking millions or around 100,000 as we have. I don't think there is anything we can do about it. We don't need to destroy our standing as a country by withdrawing from international conventions or breaking international law.

I actually think the focus is put on this problem purely because nobody has any solution to the real problem which is the 1.1m that enter every year legally. We're still facing skills and labour shortages so is that 1.1m serving our needs? I'm not so sure, especially since Brexit removed the ease of movement of labour with the continent.

This really isn't a thread about immigration and people who want their coffee made by a wage slave from Malawi, this is a thread highlighting the hypocrisy of Starmers henchmen.

Agree with all of that. Legal immigration is the problem and it has been WAY too high for way too long. The negative impact upon some of our communities - lack of GP appointments, overcrowded schools, over-stretched and under-funded local authorities, unemployment, low wages etc - is huge. And then you have the less common, but extremely emotive issue of grooming gangs and the like, which only adds fuel to racists' fire.

A very big problem indeed, is that I think Starmer doesn't really recognise all of this, and if he had his way would probably sign us up to Schenghen. I don't think his heart is set on reducing immigration at all. He's all for multiculturalism and anyone can come in, I think. And is paying lip service to the idea that something must be done.

They are committed to free prescriptions and free TV licenses? So just keeping what the Tories already had in place and acting like they are the big I am by not changing it.

A couple of days ago they were contemplating making a move to steal the bus passes, outside pressure made them cave in.

As I said, cunts.

If you lap up every ''contemplating'' headline then you'll be the forever faux outraged person that you pretend to be.

If you lap up every ''contemplating'' headline then you'll be the forever faux outraged person that you pretend to be.

I'm not outraged I am just pointing out just how shit Labour are, mind you I wasn't taken in by the leaflets trying to gaslight me into believing the red Tories would be any different.

Their next catchy slogan will probably be "FUCK THE PENSIONERS" they may as well just come straight out and say it.

Reactions: PPT
I'm not outraged I am just pointing out just how shit Labour are, mind you I wasn't taken in by the leaflets trying to gaslight me into believing the red Tories would be any different.

Their next catchy slogan will probably be "FUCK THE PENSIONERS" they may as well just come straight out and say it.

If they was the same as the Tories they would have continued the failed Rwandan plan, not negotiate pay and end strikes with the junior doctors and train unions, they wouldn't have come down hard on the far right thugs, they wouldn't be going after the squandered billions we lost from dodgy contracts and PPE and many other polices they've introduced in just a couple months - 'Red Tories' my arse.

This really isn't a thread about immigration and people who want their coffee made by a wage slave from Malawi, this is a thread highlighting the hypocrisy of Starmers henchmen.
Oh, the thread police is out again. The thread is "The Labour Government". Now I may be wrong but it doesn't restrict posters to good or bad points about said government. It's a thread having an open debate, good or bad.

If they was the same as the Tories they would have continued the failed Rwandan plan, not negotiate pay and end strikes with the junior doctors and train unions, they wouldn't have come down hard on the far right thugs, they wouldn't be going after the squandered billions we lost from dodgy contracts and PPE and many other polices they've introduced in just a couple months - 'Red Tories' my arse.

There are a lot of words there to just explain that you support the red Tories. It's going to be a long 5 years for this lot and I suspect a few leadership changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.