The Labour Government

Listening to LBC on the morning commutes, both the 25% CT discount and bus pass issues were being discussed on consecutive days.

So, Monday, Nick Ferari exclaims that Labour are getting rid of the 25% single discount, causing lots to ring in and angrily nail into the government. Then, an elderly lady comes on but, instead of anger, she is very upset. Ferari soon clicks on and as she is just about to sob, realises that he’d gone too far and then goes onto explain that it’s not actually happening, they’re just talking about it in the slim chance that it could, appeasing the elderly lady with the truth.

Next day, up comes the bus pass where Ferari once again brings it up as if it is going to happen, ramping up the volume to get people angry and phoning in. Then, the political editor comes on to say that Labour will not deny it even though Labour had put a statement out to say that it wasn’t going to happen. She quoted that statement and then they continued to push the misinformation that had been spouted before.

What we are seeing is the R-W press, and their acolytes, fabricating stories for the appeasement of the Tory/Reform voters in order to keep their paymasters prominent, and trying to discredit anything that Labour try to do.

Personally, I think all the Tory/Reform/Brexiteering lovers should shut the fuck up and hang their heads in shame at what they’ve done to this country. Continuing to support a party that has not only brought shame to this country, but manifestly turned it into a country of poverty and strife, surely cannot be lost on them.

This is not your football team, this is the lives of the many that they’ve completely ruined.

Hopefully they’ll be in the shadows for many years, but it won’t stop the R-W fuckers from lying to you for all that time.

Drive past the posts and only stop when you really feel the need, that way the bullshit won’t get you down and you’ll keep a smile on your face knowing that their bullshit isn’t being heard ;-)
Word.

Reeves worked for the Bank of England she is still working for them. Bus passes, blue badges etc I predict all will be means tested, nice to know we are the richest pensioners the dividing line between those on pension credit/ if not then your rich. It’s not true I’m not rich.

Setting up a false division between pensioners credit and rich pensioners. I keep hearing on radio/tv about “rich” in defence of her policy. It’s the wrong buzz word 80% are rich is the description of all pensioners other than those on PC
The last government blamed everything wrong with the country on the people crossing the channel in small boats to claim asylum.
This one is blaming pensioners for the state of the country and declared war on the over sixties
I agree, they use the term rich but in reality it’s the top 1-2% are what most people would describe as rich if you painted a picture. Big houses, fancy cars and frequent exotic holidays.

Instead they use the term rich to conflate everyone above median earnings as being very wealthy. By doing so it takes the focus away from those in the top 1-2% and deliberately crates a division between people who relative to the top 1-2% have modest incomes.

I don’t know who it was on the BBC the other day but they said a one off 2% wealth tax on people worth over £20m would fill the “black hole (stupid term)” instantly.

Let's all be honest here, taking away winter fuel payments for pensioners is a shit trick, there is no other way to categorise this action. Punishing Labour MPs who abstained or voted against the change is just wrong.

Also in other news, Labour sign the death knell for new steel production in the UK. A sad day indeed. I would have preferred nationalisation and steel import duties, now we will be reliant on other countries for new steel production. All done under the guise of reducing green house gas emissions. Which is utter nonsense when we will now have to import new steel made in blast furnaces from other countries.

Last edited:
Let's all be honest here, taking away winter fuel payments for pensioners is a shit trick, there is no other way to categorise this action. Punishing Labour MPs who abstained or voted against the change is just wrong.

Also in other news, Labour sign the health knell for new steel production in the UK. A sad day indeed. I would have preferred nationalisation and steel import duties, now we will be reliant on other countries for new steel production. All done under the guise of reducing green house gas emissions. Which is utter nonsense when we will now have to import new steel made in blast furnaces from other countries.
And greenhouse gases will still be same producing the steel

The 22 billion black hole is bs , 10 billion is for there union pay masters , your delusional is untrue

Yes it needed changing but letting women beaters , drug dealers out early and jailing people for a Facebook post is awful
They’ll just go round eating people’s cats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.