The Labour Government

Pips is paid so people can pay for things like carers and allows the disabled person to get out and live , it is much more expensive to be disabled than able bodied . There is different rates of pips based on what you can and cant do so it is targetted , the re-assessments are often and much harder

It is not something to means test
But surely if the recipient is wealthy?

i expect rich people dont claim it although david cameron claimed it for his son when he is rolling it
Exactly the point. There is a case for both as there is a case for efficiencies within the NHS and all public services I for one will wait till the big picture appears.

when the big picture becomes visible - at the moment (predictably) the Right is trying to hold everyone's face so close to the screen people are judging individual pixels not whats is on the whole screen

They have taken away pensioners money that helps heat their homes at winter during a time when gas and electricity bills are through the roof.

It’s literally cash that means the difference between life and death for some of them and you’re trying to deflect, rambling on about fucking pixels?

Had the tories done this you would have rightfully been up in arms about it ffs.

Fuck me.

Wtf , he has been in two months and it is a fact that the tories have broken the country
You need to read what I said again. I appreciate things ate going to take time for starmer to change and improve things, but at the same time he shouldn't just default to blaming the last Government at every opportunity. You take responsibility yourself. That's the way I was brought up, no slopey shoulders.

They have taken away pensioners money that helps heat their homes at winter during a time when gas and electricity bills are through the roof.

It’s literally cash that means the difference between life and death for some of them and you’re trying to deflect, rambling on about fucking pixels?

Had the tories done this you would have rightfully been up in arms about it ffs.

Fuck me.
He would have for sure.

There's VAST amounts of waste in the system. My mother-in-law who was a single parent and never worked much, got every benefit going. She had her rent paid for her, mobility allowance, PiP, pension credit and god knows what else. I was not close to it so I don't have the full list. But she never went anywhere and just accumulated more and more money. Eventually she went into a care home and thankfully the state got all but £23k of it back. But then of course she got all her care home fees covered as well. In addition, with her healh issues that went on for years, she had a house so full of unused drugs, she could have opened a pharmacy. She must have cost the state hundreds of thousands, having contributed almost nothing in tax and NI.

I wonder how many people like that we are all paying too much money to? Quite a lot, I would imagine.
ou dont get pip or dla if ou havent paid ni.

Everyone would!

It’s about as right wing a policy as you could possibly get.

Here they all are excusing it.

Bonkers.
I completely 100% agree with you on this.

Often people see things through the eyes of those they support. But sometimes a line is crossed and you just have to call it out, irrespective of your political views or who you support.

For me this is one such situation. It CANNOT be justified taking £500 off people earning like £12k per year or even less. I don't care what the supposed reasons are, or pretend justifications. It's just totally wrong, and it doesn't matter who has proposed it.

I think it's shameful that some on here are trying to skirt around it or pretend it is somehow OK. Also shameful that only 1 Labour MP had the balls to vote against it. About 400 of the 404 of them know it's fucking outragous.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.