The Labour Government

These sentences were political imho, it was Naive to think they weren't. Now that doesn't mean I don't agree with any of them because life is too short for me to go through everyone.

Like the wfa there was always going to be consequences. So far that has been a sexual assault on a woman and soon it will be deaths of pensioners.

Starmer seems content with this, if you and VicTory wish to defend it is up to you . I have a,feeling you.two aren't really happy with it but maybe I have it wrong
I think that some of the jail sentences doled out for people 'taking part in the recent riots' were totally over the top and definitely political. Locking people up for saying things (however odious) only exacerbates the pressure on the prison system and is not a good sign for a democracy is it?

I think that some of the jail sentences doled out for people 'taking part in the recent riots' were totally over the top and definitely political. Locking people up for saying things (however odious) only exacerbates the pressure on the prison system and is not a good sign for a democracy is it?
Which offenders?
'Saying things' quite quickly leads to trouble in some cases, just look at the consequences of the stuff said by farage, tiny tommy or trump.

That "someone" being you... Damning yourself with faint praise.
it really does all cone down to you being incapable of admitting when you are wrong VicTory doesn't it?

Even when it's pointed out to you, even when you know it's true you cannot stop doing it, face saving to posters on a football forum most of who are strangers.

Tragic really.

It is interesting isn’t it, that when considering options for raising more revenue from council tax, the idea of a 25% (or more) surcharge on households with more than three adults doesn’t appear to have been considered?

I would think something like that would be a bit fairer actually.
A council just needs to look at what it spends its money on, how many of those services are used by individuals. Base the flat rate on 2 adults and deduct for single occ and add for multiple occ.

It needn't be complicated.

A full bin generates more recycling when it is emptied. A park heavily used require more maitenance. Everybody benefits from street lighting why should only some pay? Everybody can use libraries why should some not contibute to the cost just because they live in a household of three or more. None of your examples bear scrutiny? I don't think your son or the widower should subsidise multi-adult households.
Its not a difficult concept is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.