The Labour Government

no

some people were obligated to have a private pension in their work and are still maybe only on very low pensions which the scrapping of WFA will decimate during the cold spell months.

private pensions should not factor into it, but the obviousness someome worth x amount of money doesn't need it.
Agreed.

For me, anyone on less than around £20k should be considered poor and deserving of the WFA.

And unless the WFA is given to everyone, then IMO it should not be a cliff edge benefit where someone on e.g. £19,999 gets it and someone on £20,000 does not. It’s ludicrous that you could be worse off by earning £1 more.

So if not given to everyone, it should be provided on a tapered basis, so that the poorest get all of it, medium earners get some of it and the highest earners get none … or at least much less.

The challenge is how to administer this without an army of bureaucrats and civil servants wasting billions in admin costs.

For me, the simplest way by far - although clearly not perfect - would be to add it to the basic state pension, because the state pension is taxable. Yes I appreciate this would not save as much money, but it would save some money and eliminate the terrible hardship Reeves’ current plan will inflict on the poorest.

If she had not shot herself in the foot with respect to no income tax changes, she could have recovered the delta with a minor tweak such as an extra 1p or 2p tax on pensioners’ earnings over say £100k. But that ship has sailed I think.

this Govt should sort out all the cunts claiming for cars that they don't need.....druggies in high rise blocks claiming pip etc. Paying fuck all rent . council tax, plus receiving tons of cash they dont need.

Sort that shit out before picking on the vulnerable piss easy targets.
motability?
The money for that comes out of received benefits. Anything other than a 2 door runabout costs ALL of the benefit element.

No it isn't. You don't get a car for nowt on motability.
loads taking the piss with fuck all wrong with them....get tax, insurance the lot paid.

Nice cars too....not shitty little motors. I lived in high rise blocks for 20 years seen em all and spoke to them laughing their heads off.......fuck all wrong with them just blaggers. Mates as carers claiming carers allowances. All high on crack. I know loads at it.

It's an industry.

loads taking the piss with fuck all wrong with them....get tax, insurance the lot paid.

Nice cars too....not shitty little motors. I lived in high rise blocks for 20 years seen em all and spoke to them laughing their heads off.......fuck all wrong with them just blaggers. Mates as carers claiming carers allowances. All high on crack. I know loads at it.

It's an industry.

Most people that I've met through being an unpaid carer have to fight tooth and nail for every single bit of help we can get. I agree with you on the wfa but please don't bring us into it just yet, we'll be on the chopping block next without the same outcry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.