The Labour Government

What more do claimants have to pay? It's the higher rate mobility part of PIP isn't it?

The higher rate of PiP mobility does not get every disabled driver a car that is fit for purpose. Many disability cars require an upfront payment of thousands as well as all your monthly mobility element

The higher rate of PiP mobility does not get every disabled driver a car that is fit for purpose. Many disability cars require an upfront payment of thousands as well as all your monthly mobility element
The whole point of bringing "cars for the disabled" into this argument was to stop the cunts who don't really need them (blaggers) .....not to fuck up people who are genuine.

For example those who give their cars to family members which also happens a lot. The druggies exaggerating their issues...the list is endless.

But no lets take winter fuel allowance off old cunts .....so easy that.

So I'm not sure why it's going down this road?

Last edited:
You are criticising the fairness of pension credit, a system that has existed for ages. If it's the case that pension credit is unfair then it should be reformed but that isn't on offer. The Tories had 15 years to sort that out but they didn't so criticising Labour in that lens after just 2 months is perhaps short-sighted.

All that Labour have done is taken away £200 a year so it has to be quantified in that sense but nobody knows how many will truly miss that £200. I'm sure there will be many but there will also be cases that don't need it. Means testing such benefits is therefore clearly a good idea.

Or should working families continue to struggle to heat their own homes whilst paying taxes which allow Jim and Vera to go to Benidorm with their £200?

The whole point of bringing "cars for the disabled" into this argument was to stop the cunts who don't really need them (blaggers) .....not to fuck up people who are genuine.

For example those who give their cars to family members which also happens a lot. The druggies exaggerating their issues...the list is endless.

So I'm not sure why it's going down this road?
I simply responded to your post

You are criticising the fairness of pension credit, a system that has existed for ages. If it's the case that pension credit is unfair then it should be reformed but that isn't on offer. The Tories had 15 years to sort that out but they didn't so criticising Labour in that lens after just 2 months is perhaps short-sighted.

All that Labour have done is taken away £200 a year so it has to be quantified in that sense but nobody knows how many will truly miss that £200. I'm sure there will be many but there will also be cases that don't need it. Means testing such benefits is therefore clearly a good idea.

Or should working families continue to struggle to heat their own homes whilst paying taxes which allow Jim and Vera to go to Benidorm with their £200?
ffs....who's Jim and Vera?

I'm not talking about people who are loaded......I give up.

This thread is fucking mental.

Age UK said 2m pensioners would struggle by removing the WFA.

The facts suggest that nearly 1 in 4 pensioners are asset millionaires, should all of those get a free £200 for fuel? It makes sense that at the very least it should be means tested and in my opinion not paid as cash. Working families don't have the luxury of such assets and will have mortgage repayments etc plus fuel bills so where is their £200?

Obviously there are many pensioners who aren't asset millionaires but then the poorest pensioners will be on pension credit where they'll get the £200 anyway. Somebody on pension credit has to have less than £10k cash and anybody with more than that can surely afford to lose £200 a year?

The only problem is with the shear unknown amounts who are eligible for such benefits but aren't claiming them but I suspect there will have been a huge spike in claims in recent weeks. That money saved by Starmer will therefore probably not amount to much anyway.
1 on 4 are millionaires is not strictly true it's 1 in 4/5 live in a household with assets of 1 million could be any number of people in there.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.