The Labour Government

Finally Junior Doctors accept Government pay deal and no threat of further strikes.

Starmer also meeting Italian PM to discuss asylum and migration issue.

Good day for Labour.

Indeed.

Thank fuck the doctors will be at work to treat the pensioners with hypothermia and pneumonia this winter.

Indeed.

Thank fuck the doctors will be at work to treat the pensioners with hypothermia and pneumonia this winter.
Pensioners who need the winter payment will get it,lots of pensioners have plenty of money in the bank and don't need it.You like lots of people are going over the top just to have a go at Labour it's £200 a year FFS.

If a pensioner (or anyone else) lives in a million pound house and can’t afford to heat it then they should sell it and move somewhere smaller and more affordable, rather than expect the state to subsidise their lifestyle.

I don’t think many people believe rich people should get a winter fuel allowance

Reactions: PPT
It is surprising how many of these people reporting on the 'millionaire' pensioners who allegedly spend their WFA on holidays, BBQs, Christmas presents never seem to speak to the pensioners who don't spend their WFA on those things but spend it on their Electricity and Gas bills or even buy themselves a big jumper to keep themselves warm.
They do exist those people, the middle ground ones, the ones who are not 'millionaires' (either property rich or pension rich) the ones who are not quite on the poverty line (not having to switch off their gas/electric) but the ones who are keeping it together and have a few spare pounds for the items stated above. Anyone of these know it alls ever spoken to them I wonder? :-) :-(

These fuckers don’t give two fucks for elderly people like you Eccles

My housing benefit has gone down, my rates have gone up, as have my fuel bills

Interestingly since 2020 I read that Housing benefit has gone up but unfortunately rent outstrips the rises. I applaud the efforts of the then Govt on the benefits side but Ann's beef is with her landlord not the current Govt. By rates one assumes she means CT? In which case the CT increase came in from April when Labour were not the Govt - weren't they as a result of Gove okaying 5% increases? ( bit of salting the earth there ) and her Council is Tory. Then of course fuel prices spiked because of war something that the Party I am sure Ann prefers just spent an entire election campaign explaining the reasons for the hike in costs.

I am really surprised at the Guardian falling for this fakery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.