The Labour Government

Can’t wait for the budget in October when there will be a lot more people pissed off apart from the politicians, more misery on its way, but don’t forget we are in this together says Starmer who gets free clothes as does his wife. The multi millionaire must be really struggling the shit house.
And you, 'can't wait' for that?

I can only speak from my own world where Mrs MB has a public sector pension and I have a private pension through work.

For us there isn’t a huge difference between the two in % terms. I appreciate I might have a good company pension compared to the typical but I can’t recall a single company I’ve worked for where they’ve paid anything below 10%. I know I didn’t have a pension with my first two companies I worked for but got one in the third firm. Might have been 8% back in the 90s when I started there but I don’t recall - retirement was a long way off back then ;)

Despite all that I don’t think I have huge pot - it’s not anywhere near the 7 figures that Starmer has that’s for sure.
I think people need to appreciate that there is more than one scheme in the public sector some seem very generous, other not so much.

The Civil Service pension in particular looks rather unbalanced by comparison to the NHS.

Civil Service is below...
1000006329.png
Compared to NHS which seems less generous for some reason...
1000006330.png

I don't give a toss how much the individual has to put in. My comment was about how much the employer puts in. I.e. free, extra money. Fact is public sector pensions are way more generous than the private sector.

I've never received more than 5 or 6% of free money, although I accept in the private sector 8 to 10% might be available sometimes. But never like 35%.

Am I jealous? Damned right I am. I wish I'd worked in the public sector where I would have earned comparable sums, never got the sack, retired earlier and retired better off. Of course I am jealous.
IMG_2411.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.