The Labour Government

I think people need to appreciate that there is more than one scheme in the public sector some seem very generous, other not so much.

The Civil Service pension in particular looks rather unbalanced by comparison to the NHS.

Civil Service is below...
View attachment 132044
Compared to NHS which seems less generous for some reason...
View attachment 132048

Jesus that is generous.

In private organisations it’s policed. I know for a 100% fact that in a number of councils in greater Manchester it isn’t.
It was the pushback to Osborne’s austerity deal.
What do you mean policies it’s a legal right of any employee to ask for it, whoever they work for has to have a good reason not to.

Jesus that is generous.
23% employer contrubution in the NHS and that is "not so generous"!

This is exactly my point. Between 1/4 and 1/3rd of your pay paid into your pension every year, without tax. It's an absolutely enormous perk that is unheard of at this level in the private sector.

Related I am sick and tired of hearing how poorly paid junior doctors are. Sure the starting salaries are not huge (£32k before the latest pay rise taking it to £36k) is hardly terrible. But add on to that the pension, AND the fact that it's a stepping stone on the career path of ever higher earnings. Doctors end up on £100k or more (plus the generous pension) and most on A LOT more since they often only work 3 days a week for the NHS and earn even more with private work. It's not uncommon for them to be earning £200k in total.

So starting on a "low??" salary is all part of the deal. Just the same as accountants and lawyers, for example. My mate was dismally paid as a trainee accountant (£4k per year in the early 80's when I was on like £16k) after doing a business studies degree. So much so that he had to live with his mum and dad until he was 30! But he knew it would be worth it and now he's a chief accountant/company secretary on around £120k per year.

But when was the last time you heard of a junior accountants' strike?

This is exactly my point. Between 1/4 and 1/3rd of your pay paid into your pension every year, without tax. It's an absolutely enormous perk that is unheard of at this level in the private sector.

Related I am sick and tired of hearing how poorly paid junior doctors are. Sure the starting salaries are not huge (£32k before the latest pay rise taking it to £36k) is hardly terrible. But add on to that the pension, AND the fact that it's a stepping stone on the career path of ever higher earnings. Doctors end up on £100k or more (plus the generous pension) and most on A LOT more since they often only work 3 days a week for the NHS and earn even more with private work. It's not uncommon for them to be earning £200k in total.

So starting on a "low??" salary is all part of the deal. Just the same as accountants and lawyers, for example. My mate was dismally paid as a trainee accountant after doing a business studies degree. So much so that he had to live with his mum and dad until he was 30! But he knew it would be worth it and now he's a chief accountant/company secretary on around £120k per year.
Wow, so much wrong about this post , you also disrepect the training the doctors have done and they save lifes ,using then to score political points is frankly pathetic

The doctors never stop training , the take on new skills to be able to go up the ladder , ten yrs to get anywhere near being a consultant and same to be a gp

Wow, so much wrong about this post , you also disrepect the traing the doctors have done and they save lifes ,using then to score political points is frankly pathetic
No Kaz you're disrespecting the training e.g. accountants and everyone else may have done. What's pathetic is your cracked record defence of every practice in the NHS like you're all fucking angels. They choose to to do the job, and if they don't like it, bugger off and work somewhere else. They get paid for what they do and the public having to suck up to them is not part of the package.

I understand you won't get this. You never do. Doctors are extremely well paid all things considered.

So starting on a "low??" salary is all part of the deal. Just the same as accountants and lawyers, for example. My mate was dismally paid as a trainee accountant (£4k per year in the early 80's when I was on like £16k) after doing a business studies degree. So much so that he had to live with his mum and dad until he was 30! But he knew it would be worth it and now he's a chief accountant/company secretary on around £120k per year.

But when was the last time you heard of a junior accountants' strike?
Exactly this. My daughter is a lawyer. She’s earning a decent crust now, but while she was training the pay was far from generous.

No Kaz you're disrespecting the training accountants have done. What's pathetic is your cracked record defence of every practice in the NHS like you're all fucking angels. They choose to to do the job, and if they don't like it, bugger off and work somewhere else. They get paid for what they do and the public having to suck up to them is not part of the package.

I understand you won't get this. You never do.
An absolute pain in the arse mate. Truly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.