The Labour Government

The money deducted from your salary and other taxes etc, e.g. VAT isn't your money. It's public money.

The Conservative goverment of which you had posters on your bedroom wall gave much more money away to compensate passengers for delays away due to prolonging strikes and guaranteeing profits of TOCs.

I fundamentally, completely, disagree with you.

My employer pays ME to do work for them. They give ME the money. The government does not have any of its own money, only money it takes off working people like me. They take money that my employer pays ME and grab some of it for themselves. It does not become THEIR money when they do that. It is OUR money, that they are using to fund XYZ.

Similarly a thief cannot say this is MY money when he has stolen money off you. It is YOUR money that the thief has stolen. It is not the thiefs money.

Now everyone accepts that we need a level of taxation to pay for public services and that is fine. But please do not fall into the trap of thinking that the government is spending its own money. It isn't. It is spending your, and other taxpayers, money.

scrapped the Rwandan plan, sorted out pay for doctors and trains and ended the strikes - lifeblood of our country.
Stamped out the Farage racist riots.
Starmer working with EU states on a regular basis, discussing migration issue with Italy PM.
GB Energy looking like a great initiative to help tackle climate change but also not relying on foreign investment.
Coming down on water firms which the Tories let pollute our rivers and seas, also coming down on the Covid dodgy contracts and wasted billions.

lots of positives so far in which is very early days.
Staggering, absolutely staggering. If Starmer was caught pants down reaming the Pope, you'd dress it up as a positive.

Staggering, absolutely staggering. If Starmer was caught pants down reaming the Pope, you'd dress it up as a positive.
He’s made valid points but none of the positives scream headline maker like the WFA fiasco.
I’m still shocked that a man who is no doubt very very smart in many respects allowed his party to get caught out so easily and so quickly into its long wait to run the country.
It made no sense, still doesn’t.

He’s made valid points but none of the positives scream headline maker like the WFA fiasco.
I’m still shocked that a man who is no doubt very very smart in many respects allowed his party to get caught out so easily and so quickly into its long wait to run the country.
It made no sense, still doesn’t.
Disagree with that, stopping the strikes is much more positive and worthy of headlines imo

scrapped the Rwandan plan, sorted out pay for doctors and trains and ended the strikes - lifeblood of our country.
Stamped out the Farage racist riots.
Starmer working with EU states on a regular basis, discussing migration issue with Italy PM.
GB Energy looking like a great initiative to help tackle climate change but also not relying on foreign investment.
Coming down on water firms which the Tories let pollute our rivers and seas, also coming down on the Covid dodgy contracts and wasted billions.

All positive for me.
I'm hoping they are doing wedding cake politics.

Everyone has to eat the shit in the middle before we can all eat the marzipan.

Disagree with that, stopping the strikes is much more positive and worthy of headlines imo
That’s not what I’m saying. We live in a world where journalism doesn’t care about positives, only big fuck off headlines that can appeal to the masses.
Of course the stopping of strikes is a big positive but it’s far far outweighed in the countries perception of killing thousands of pensioners (it won’t, but that’s what the not rights are going with)

And likewise, if he cured cancer you’d hammer him for not doing it sooner.
No, genuinely I would not. In all seriousness, I cannot think of a single positive thing that they have done since taking power. Not one single positive thing. Nothing.

From agreeing to pay rises with nothing in return, to taking away the WFA to calling anyone who's concerned about mass migration and right wing thug, to presiding over people being jailed for tweets, to handing out favours to cronies, accepting bribes for him and his mrs, lying - overt lying - about a black hole (a) of their own making and (b) that they knew about all along. Thousands more arriving on boats whilst doing nothing to even remotely deter it. Billions committed to foreign green projects. Bunging £500m at Tata to put people out of work. It's ALL horseshit. All of it. There isn't one solitary decent thing they have done.

If they do something "good" I wiil applaud it. I am all ears.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.