The Labour Government

What happened to that little Tory Penfold character, I can’t remember his name but he was one of those right wingers holding the government at knifepoint a lot of the time, has he fucked off now?

Just read the post that evoked this response from you and am laughing my head off. Wanting to see people from ordinary backgrounds succeed and represent us is "extreme left"? You're such a bootlicker lol.

I'm an "extreme lefty" too, apparently!

It's easy to forget that one of the big operational issues with the previous government was because of ideological warfare and factionalism they destroyed any semblance of a talent pool to pick from. Jones was the chair of the business and trade select commitee so he isn't coming at things cold which seems to have been the case too often previously with ministers clueless about their briefs.

It will just be refreshing to have people focusing on governing instead of tearing each other apart (I hope).

You just have to hope that we get some stability with the various roles.

In the ten years before becoming PM, Liz Truss had 6 different Ministerial roles in Education, Environment, Justice, The Treasury, International Trade, and finally the Foreign Office. Schapps had Transport, Home Sec, Business, Energy, and Defence in the last Parliament alone.

Constant rotation to mostly unrelated roles. Is it any wonder that fuck all got done?

You just have to hope that we get some stability with the various roles.

In the ten years before becoming PM, Liz Truss had 6 different Ministerial roles in Education, Environment, Justice, The Treasury, International Trade, and finally the Foreign Office. Schapps had Transport, Home Sec, Business, Energy, and Defence in the last Parliament alone.

Constant rotation to mostly unrelated roles. Is it any wonder that fuck all got done?
Or maybe she was just so good in them that once she’d fixed one they moved her on to another to fix that too.

I'm an "extreme lefty" too, apparently!

I would argue that the extreme left hides in the working class and isn't in the main from the working class, the middle class is infested with them :)

The middle class believe they do working class better than the actual working class, and by middle class I mean the upper earning working class punching down on the hand to mouth strugglers of the working poor.

The extreme left ( The faux poor) know who they are.

Setting a target to build 1.5 million homes in this parliament and by changing planning so that the green belt can be built on (some always has ) by designating as Grey belt ( what ever that is) they will find that the nimbys & the eco/greens will tie up the courts and use direct action to try & stop these developments.

Setting a target to build 1.5 million homes in this parliament and by changing planning so that the green belt can be built on (some always has ) by designating as Grey belt ( what ever that is) they will find that the nimbys & the eco/greens will tie up the courts and use direct action to try & stop these developments.

Every developed country has problems with house prices, that aside I would support this if the houses being built were all social housing because otherwise those houses will be snapped up before long and straight into landlords pockets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.