The Labour Government

I will be staggered if she is still the chancellor in 5 years time. You shoud have seen the look on her face this morning whilst being grilled by Suzanna Reid. You could read it like a book. It said,

"Fucking hell, I had no idea this governing lark would be as hard as this. I'm used to throwing shit at people, not receiving it."

Apart from anything else, the press are not going to give up on the WFA debacle, so at some point Free Gear Keir is going to have to come out and say "sorry Thieves, it's all your fault, fall on your sword".
Yeah, these pigs at the trough rarely last the full term. I can smell a reshuffle already. Ashton MP for Chancellor, anyone?

I am not aligned to any political party, they are all interested in power alone, once elected they get certain privileges for life and don’t give a shit about the long term consequences of their actions. Just a pension, expenses, maybe a nice gown laced with ermine so they can get a place in the House if Lords or a knighthood. They break promises as soon as they get a majority. What gets me is Labour have seen the Tories fall apart over the years, and don’t seem to have a proper plan, at least not a workable plan, except maybe to pay their Union paymasters. They have had 14 years to plan, and everything seems to come as a great surprise to them. At least they have a mandate, representing a third of the vote and just over a fifth of those eligible to vote. Bring on proportional representation and then nothing will ever get done, and that might be a good thing after all. Rant over. moving on….

Johnson is no longer PM so not sure that’s really as strong an argument as you think.

No idea if he was qualified. Was the job advertised? Who else applied? What was his CV like compared to others? etc etc.

Johnson was never qualified to run a village post office. But yet you voted for him?

I get it, you can’t criticise them and will die on every hill going.

Projection?

I am not aligned to any political party, they are all interested in power alone, once elected they get certain privileges for life and don’t give a shit about the long term consequences of their actions. Just a pension, expenses, maybe a nice gown laced with ermine so they can get a place in the House if Lords or a knighthood. They break promises as soon as they get a majority. What gets me is Labour have seen the Tories fall apart over the years, and don’t seem to have a proper plan, at least not a workable plan, except maybe to pay their Union paymasters. They have had 14 years to plan, and everything seems to come as a great surprise to them. At least they have a mandate, representing a third of the vote and just over a fifth of those eligible to vote. Bring on proportional representation and then nothing will ever get done, and that might be a good thing after all. Rant over. moving on….

I think according to some on here when we vote it should be dependent on who has blagged the least amount such is the integrity our politicians.

Others do state we should give them more money though as rich people don't like gifts.

Or we could go with the logic of when skint take money off pensioners but pay more to well paid train drivers and politicians.

Hasn't she just confirmed this morning, that overall spending won't be cut in real terms?

They've already heavily suggested that wealth taxes will go up quite considerably, and as well as hinting that a lot of investment borrowing will happen without breaking her rules, some reports have suggested the rules themselves will be relaxed (using the "severe situation" as the excuse).

I guess we wait for the budget, although I doubt it'll be presented as any kind of OTT spending splurge, but surely they need to kick on with some of the investment asap.
I think investing (through borrowing) in infrastructure spending is probably a good plan if (rightly) we are to push a strong growth agenda.

Whatever she does, I hope she is spending the next few weeks persuading the markets and the BoE of the strategy or else it will be Truss V2 on November 1st.

That’s a belter that… sounded like a Dalek, brilliant
When she speaks all I can think of is young Steptoe saying
View attachment 132704
Lol, she certainly has a very odd delivery.
When she ratched up the rhetoric today I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she had started shouting "Exterminate! Exterminate!"

I'm lining that one up, obviously...... ;-)

Superb from Reeves - set the date for rollout of free breakfasts clubs, industrial strategy to be set out, Covid corruption commissioner to be set up and 'no return to austerity' - very positive despite the mess the tories have left her and the country in and also the 22 billion blackhole they have inherited.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.