The Labour Government

Conveniently timed so it didn't have to be declared pre election .... something Keith has form for.

During his bid to become leader of the Labour Party, Starmer refused to contemporaneously publish details of who had donated to his leadership campaign. His rivals, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Lisa Nandy, agreed to share details of their donors in real-time, which they published. Starmer, however, decided only to declare his donations via his MP's register of interests, which created a significant lag between when Starmer accepted his donations and when they were made public.

“Labour members, as a result, had no idea at the time of voting that Starmer had been funded with large donations from the likes of wealthy millionaires like Martin Taylor and Sir Trevor Chinn and Baron Waheed Ali; the latter now at the centre of the furore about Starmer's acceptance of gratuities.”

More on Lord Ali

Nothing to see here mate.

Starmer isn’t as bad as Johnson so can’t be criticised and Lord Alli is just an altruistic chap and these were the best people for the job.

Reeves might as well have Leonard Cohen playing behind her to make her speech less depressing.

Doubling down on austerity and expecting us to pay for the Tories spending rather than taxing the cunts that's profited from our national traumas of Brexit and COVID.

Well TBF she has just said they going after covid corruption so least that’s still a commitment and not quietly forgotten after the election. I hope they succeed on this and if any Tory is guilty of corruption they should do time.

She did sound like a dalek at one point but I think the content of her speech has been quite refreshing. Especially the COVID bit and the focus on tax evasion/avoidance.

She’s said quite a bit but I liked plenty of it. Devil in detail so let’s see if plan matches the words but it’s quite encouraging.

She did sound like a dalek at one point but I think the content of her speech has been quite refreshing. Especially the COVID bit and the focus on tax evasion/avoidance.
She's got 5 years to show me she's going to do the job. If she proves me wrong I'll put my hands up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.