The Labour Government

Hang their heads in shame for not accepting a spurious 35% pay rise demand, set at a deliberately extortionate level so that an agreement wouldn’t take place?

Yeah, disgraceful isn’t it?

coming off the back of Brexit, a disastrous pandemic and a ground war starting in Europe a serious Govt claiming to seek economic growth would have sought to fix things. However as a Party falling apart with existential threats both from internal and external sources chose to use strikes and Unions as a distraction from what was going on. I mean imagine you want people back to work but refuse to settle disputes with medical staff to help with that. You want people to get back to the office? Refuse to get disputes on the rail sorted out so people struggle to get there. Ideology over practical Govt pure and simple.

coming off the back of Brexit, a disastrous pandemic and a ground war starting in Europe a serious Govt claiming to seek economic growth would have sought to fix things. However as a Party falling apart with existential threats both from internal and external sources chose to use strikes and Unions as a distraction from what was going on. I mean imagine you want people back to work but refuse to settle disputes with medical staff to help with that. You want people to get back to the office? Refuse to get disputes on the rail sorted out so people struggle to get there. Ideology over practical Govt pure and simple.
They did engage with the BMA regarding consultant pay, and reached an agreement after several rounds of negotiations. Slipped your mind that one.

Negotiating with the junior doctors was a different kettle of fish, chiefly because they didn’t want to reach an agreement with a Tory government; they simply wanted a Labour government and engaged in politically-motivated strikes to boost their chances of having that.

If the industrial action was solely about achieving a pay deal, and nothing else, then why did the junior doctors strike in June this year, just a few days prior to the election when the government couldn’t actually sign-off on a deal, even if they wanted to?

Reactions: PPT
I like that one
They should bring in legislation where restaurants can’t put service charge on stating it’s optional, the option should be you give it nit ask for it to be taken off. They’ve slowly started increasing it as well think it’s around 12.5%, I’m out Saturday I’m asking for mine not to be added as I give 10% and in cash, people are getting fucking greedy now, it’s expensive enough to eat and drink and I don’t mind paying for food service but 10% is plenty, £15 on my bill is plenty enough in my opinion.

They didn’t negotiate, they simply gave them what they asked for.

It was a nice cosy little agreement that they would strike before the election, back up the waiting lists and then get what they wanted when Labour got in.

These are some of the people who during covid were risking life and limb looking after patients even though the equipment supplied wasn’t up to the job and they’d had an erosion of their pay and were on less money with inflation than they were 14 years before.
Sometimes people standing at their front door clapping just doesn’t cut it.

Last edited:
They did engage with the BMA regarding consultant pay, and reached an agreement after several rounds of negotiations. Slipped your mind that one.

Negotiating with the junior doctors was a different kettle of fish, chiefly because they didn’t want to reach an agreement with a Tory government; they simply wanted a Labour government and engaged in politically-motivated strikes to boost their chances of having that.

If the industrial action was solely about achieving a pay deal, and nothing else, then why did the junior doctors strike in June this year, just a few days prior to the election when the government couldn’t actually sign-off on a deal, even if they wanted to?
What exactly is your evidence of this because the BMA are on record saying they were open to negotiations but the Tories refused to come to the table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.