The Labour Government

Good work by labour. An estimated £200m will go to workers rather than businesses and shareholders die to this new law.

I always ask if they get the tips before giving one, I’m all for them sharing amongst kitchen staff etc but not with the companies bottom line. More and more places are just adding it these days.

These are some of the people who during covid were risking life and limb looking after patients even though the equipment supplied wasn’t up to the job and they’d had an erosion of their pay and were on less money with inflation than they were 14 years before.
Sometimes people standing at their front door clapping just doesn’t cut it.
I didn’t agree with the clapping nonsense either, as I thought it was patronising.

However the 35% pay rise demand was unjustified in my opinion, not least because it was calculated using RPI. RPI is a flawed measure of inflation and typically overstates price growth by around 0.75 to 1%-pt each year - a key distorting factor when looking over a period of ten, fifteen years - and so using this measure wasn’t a realistic choice for negotiation.

Reactions: PPT
They didn’t negotiate, they simply gave them what they asked for.

It was a nice cosy little agreement that they would strike before the election, back up the waiting lists and then get what they wanted when Labour got in.
Haha, what a strange thing to say , are you ok ? I worry about the terrible efforts at wumming or are you still crying about the tories?

Haha, what a strange thing to say , are you ok ? I worry about the terrible efforts at wumming or are you still crying about the tories?
Why did they strike in June, a few days prior to the election, when the government couldn’t have negotiated with them or agreed to a deal even if they had wanted to?

Do you think the timing was entirely coincidental?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.