The Labour Government

Why did they strike in June, a few days prior to the election, when the government couldn’t have negotiated with them or agreed to a deal even if they had wanted to?

Do you think the timing was entirely coincidental?
i think they were on strike for two years and the tories wouldnt even sit down with them, a minister hadnt been in the room for months so them striking in june was of no consequence

Why did they strike in June, a few days prior to the election, when the government couldn’t have negotiated with them or agreed to a deal even if they had wanted to?

Do you think the timing was entirely coincidental?
Probably because they were so pissed off with the Tories lack of engagement, they wanted to ensure a wipe out at the election.

The Government had numerous opportunities to negotiate with them but flatly refused, why was that?

I didn’t agree with the clapping nonsense either, as I thought it was patronising.

However the 35% pay rise demand was unjustified in my opinion, not least because it was calculated using RPI. RPI is a flawed measure of inflation and typically overstates price growth by around 0.75 to 1%-pt each year - a key distorting factor when looking over a period of ten, fifteen years - and so using this measure wasn’t a realistic choice for negotiation.

Fancy a tory being offended by anything patronising !

It's their normal modus operandi as self-serving liars.

They should bring in legislation where restaurants can’t put service charge on stating it’s optional, the option should be you give it nit ask for it to be taken off. They’ve slowly started increasing it as well think it’s around 12.5%, I’m out Saturday I’m asking for mine not to be added as I give 10% and in cash, people are getting fucking greedy now, it’s expensive enough to eat and drink and I don’t mind paying for food service but 10% is plenty, £15 on my bill is plenty enough in my opinion.

I went to New York for 5 days, found a good boozer off 5th Ave to spend the evening relaxing(ie getting pissed) after walking all day
Think I sent that barman's kids through college with tips.

I'm like you 10% cash in restaurants. If they're moody fuckers 5%.

Card payments must be killing bar staff though.

I went to New York for 5 days, found a good boozer off 5th Ave to spend the evening relaxing(ie getting pissed) after walking all day
Think I sent that barman's kids through college with tips.

I'm like you 10% cash in restaurants. If they're moody fuckers 5%.

Card payments must be killing bar staff though.
Ye in my local I always use card so hardly tip, but if we win the quiz or the play your cards right we slip them a tenner. If I go for a meal there I always make it up on the card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.