The Labour Party

Rosie Cooper standing down as MP for West Lancashire, a move which will necessitate a by-election. It is a safe Labour seat, but in 2019 the Conservatives took 36% of the vote and the Liberal Democrats came a very distant third with shy of 5% . They’ll understandably not really contest the seat, but it will be interesting to see how that Conservative vote holds up.
Burnham, maybe?

Burnham, maybe?
That would play into the Conservatives’ hands and lead to endless discussion about him plotting to overthrow Starmer, so it would be political suicide by Labour. Irrespective of one’s views on Starmer, he needs to be given a clear run at an election. I’d say the same for any leader chosen after a General Election defeat.

That would play into the Conservatives’ hands and lead to endless discussion about him plotting to overthrow Starmer, so it would be political suicide by Labour. Irrespective of one’s views on Starmer, he needs to be given a clear run at an election. I’d say the same for any leader chosen after a General Election defeat.
Unless they fancy a change of leader, I agree.

The Labour files documentary on Al Jazeera was an eye-opener. The first part was played tonight with two more to come.

Worth a watch
I watched it. Considered giving it a plug on here before it went to air but thought what's the point nobody cares. Which is strange when you consider that many did .... check out the majority of this thread for example.

The 'momentum ' leaflet was my favourite bit:)

It's on again at 1pm if anybody is interested.

The second part dropped tonight. Another worthy watch. Most won't of course. they won't want anything to tarnish their image of the Labour party.
I haven’t watched either as of yet.

If there was a general election tomorrow, who would you vote for, given your viewing of this programme?

I haven’t watched either as of yet.

If there was a general election tomorrow, who would you vote for, given your viewing of this programme?

None of them. I live in a safe Labour seat though, don't worry.

It isn't just because of this programme either. They've made it clear that my vote doesn't matter to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.