The Labour Party

I wish I didn't care. It was much easier when I was ignorant of everything that was going on.

I was okay with Starmer becoming the leader. He isn't exactly what I wanted but he put forward his pledges and I liked them. It's a shame he only said them to get elected.

I don't believe a word he says now.
But why would you care about pledges when they could do absolutely nothing about the way our country has been/is being run? When you look at it, even the Tories can’t hold themselves to account as they just usher things through without even telling their own party, never mind parliament.

For many, this is personal. What happened back then when Corbyn was ousted really cut deep as some had invested so much. The reality of then and now is quite stark and, with a government who have lost any semblance of propriety, it should be a matter of getting them out, whatever the personal cost.

But why would you care about pledges when they could do absolutely nothing about the way our country has been/is being run? When you look at it, even the Tories can’t hold themselves to account as they just usher things through without even telling their own party, never mind parliament.

For many, this is personal. What happened back then when Corbyn was ousted really cut deep as some had invested so much. The reality of then and now is quite stark and, with a government who have lost any semblance of propriety, it should be a matter of getting them out, whatever the personal cost.

I care about honesty. He lied to get elected and has had no criticism for it, why is that? As I said, they won't miss my vote anyway.

Getting sick and fucking tired of hearing about the poor down trodden public sector workers.

Millions in the private sector get treated like shit and earn minimum as well.

Labour needs to focus on all, not just the members of unions.

Burnham just now on Ridge, Labour are now against a clear conservative ideology that is vandalism against people and needs to be radical and fight for normal people getting a fair deal.

Milliband on when asked about one positive thing about starmer, long pause as he thinks, integrity, honesty, not being johnson.

If labour fight the next two years on starmer not being johnson and on the class war and attack on society from truss and her pure tory ideology goons in cabinet then they are gonna fuck up a chance of a clear majority.

In my opinion.

The green energy policy he was on to promote sounded a good idea in contrast to the tory fracking shite

Getting sick and fucking tired of hearing about the poor down trodden public sector workers.

Private sector employees can join unions. Private sector employees don't have the government dictating how much they should be paid.

Train crews aren't public sector anyway, they mostly work for private companies.

Private sector employees can join unions. Private sector employees don't have the government dictating how much they should be paid.

Train crews aren't public sector anyway, they mostly work for private companies.

The government dictates what millions are paid via the minimum wage which enables employers to pay only what they legally have to.

That aside, Labour needs to speak for everyone and not just the poor, down trodden public worker who is often earning far more than similar in the private sector.

Having worked in both, I had the choice to join a union when in the private sector and many do, bin men, rail workers, dockers etc.
I worked in a service sector that properly took the piss out of staff where they could, however a government be it local or national employ the public sector and so have near complete control over their pay and conditions, that is why politicians often mentionbthem, because they can effect them directly.

Politicians need to set standards in the private sector to match those in the public sector, also private sector workers can get representation, fight for better conditions and join in solidarity with the public sector workers, unfortunately the divide and conquer narrative is well entrenched in british thinking.

Financially I was much more well off in the private sector and comfortable, in the public sector I am poorer, but my work/life balance is much better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.