The Labour Party

No sympathy whatsoever for the private sector, I don't believe in it, mard arses always gets bailed out when the shit hits the fan, all OK when they're raking it in but want the public to come to the rescue when it turns turtle, fook em.

Last edited:
No sympathy whatsoever for the private sector, I don't believe in it, mard arses always get bailed out when the shit hits the fan, all OK when they're raking it in but want the public to come to the rescue when it turns turtle, fook em.
Tbf the mard arses at the top and share holders get bailed out, those at the bottom on minimum wage get shafted and lose their jobs or benefits.

The private sector needs regulation and a similar set of guarentees and protections to the lowest paid workforce in it.

No sympathy whatsoever for the private sector, I don't believe in it, mard arses always get bailed out when the shit hits the fan, all OK when they're raking it in but want the public to come to the rescue when it turns turtle, fook em.

Fucking state of this post.

The Low Pay Commission estimates that nearly half (46%) of all jobs paying at or below the minimum wage are in retail, hospitality, and cleaning & maintenance occupations.

Workers in the private sector, in part-time employment, in temporary jobs, from a Bangladeshi or Pakistani background are more likely to have a minimum wage job.

Still think fook em?

The government dictates what millions are paid via the minimum wage which enables employers to pay only what they legally have to.

That aside, Labour needs to speak for everyone and not just the poor, down trodden public worker who is often earning far more than similar in the private sector.
It's minimum wage not maximum wage.

I suspect a lot of retail and hospitality jobs that were at minimum wage no longer are. They can't get the staff even at higher rates.

It's minimum wage not maximum wage.

I suspect a lot of retail and hospitality jobs that were at minimum wage no longer are. They can't get the staff even at higher rates.

2 million/7% of the workforce are on minimum wage Vic.

Their employers have no intentions of ever paying them more.

For these people the maximum they will ever earn as it stands is the legal minimum.

2 million/7% of the workforce are on minimum wage Vic.
That's partly because a lot of them used to be paid at below minimum wage. And as the minimum wage goes up and closer to the median wage, the number on minimum wage goes up.

Before Labour introduced the minimum wage 0% of the workforce was on it.

That's partly because a lot of them used to be paid at below minimum wage. And as the minimum wage goes up and closer to the median wage, the number on minimum wage goes up.

Before Labour introduced the minimum wage 0% of the workforce was on it.

I note you didn’t reply to the rest of my post.

Today, I announced how a Labour government would oversee the biggest changes in how public money is spent for decades. We will ensure public contracts are awarded to the best of British business – who meet our standards on responsible tax conduct, green investment and workers’ rights.
Procurement must provide added value to our country – and if you’re not looking after our people or our planet, you won’t get a penny. That's our Value for Money Guarantee.
After the pandemic when the Tories continuously gave contracts to unqualified firms and didn’t do their due diligence, Co-operative Party members took action and called for social value to play a bigger role in spending taxpayer money.
I’m proud to announce today my new National Procurement Plan that will ensure every penny of the taxpayer’s money is spent responsibly and in the national interest.
I have also committed to making the weighting of social value mandatory in contracts, rather than voluntary. We’ll ensure that social value covers responsible tax conduct – incentivising firms to pay their fair share of tax and shun artificial tax avoidance, profit shifting and tax havens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.