The Labour Party

I think Ava was expecting a different reaction.

Interesting she mentioned he had dinner with Keir last night. I'll ask Mick what was spoken about when he attends our next Union meeting.
She definitely was - which is a bit depressing in some ways.

Mick Lynch might have significant differences with the Labour leadership, but he knows he's more likely to be getting some of the things he wants if they're in power.

She definitely was - which is a bit depressing in some ways.

Mick Lynch might have significant differences with the Labour leadership, but he knows he's more likely to be getting some of the things he wants if they're in power.
Mick has strong political views. I'm glad as GS of my union he's not tried to impose them on the membership. He's a pragmatic man and if he feels it's right for the RMT to return to the Labour he will argue his case fairly at the next AGM.

I suspect he was seeking info on Labours plans for railway reforms and factoring it in with our current action.

I think we need to stop thinking in terms of left and right and just start with the basics. Are these current/prospective leaders massive arseholes? Do they deserve to be in power? The tories fail that test. The detail of labour's policy is irrelevant. I'm voting tactically for the annihilation of tories.
I think the websites trying to identify which party is best in each constituency to annihilate the Tories will do a roaring trade.

The risk is that some like Rees Mogg's have Labour and Lib Dem vying to be the main challenger, leaving the likes of RM still MPs. The lack of a Portillo moment will have one advantage. We'd see less of Rees Mogg on TV than we've seen of Portillo.

It was a Corbyn manifesto policy that was very popular. It would be welcomed by me if Starmer adopts it for his. However I don't trust him to enact it.
Well, Ange has given an iron clad guarantee, can’t ask for more than that and will be most welcome. My lads first job was on this and was an absolute piss-take, no guarantees at all and puts people in real trouble.

I think the websites trying to identify which party is best in each constituency to annihilate the Tories will do a roaring trade.

The risk is that some like Rees Mogg's have Labour and Lib Dem vying to be the main challenger, leaving the likes of RM still MPs. The lack of a Portillo moment will have one advantage. We'd see less of Rees Mogg on TV than we've seen of Portillo.
Yeah. The tactical voting can get tricky as most disgruntled tory types will always prefer to vote lib dem than Labour meaning they can be better placed even if they finished 3rd last time.

Similar issues in Wales and Scotland with nationalist parties also in the mix. It would serve Labour and lib dems to do a deal where Labour and lib Democrats stand aside in 50ish seats each but l don't think such deals are allowed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.