The Labour Party

Paul's just an attention seeking opportunist.

Akehurst is genuinely evil though.

He serves the worst interests of power and uses it to bully MPs and activists who want to do genuine good.

Been reading that horrible little man's timeline and he's been accusing people of using anti-Semitic tropes because they said he has taken his 30 pieces of silver.

This man isn't Jewish and literally works as the director of an Israel lobby group.

Starmer has literally sold his soul to a little red devil.
Paul Mason, for all his many flaws and his extremely strange turn in the last couple of years, is at least an intelligent guy with an interesting intellectual background and personal interests. (I met him once, was really great to talk to). Akehurst is just a nasty thug.

14/197 Labour MPs aren't standing (7.1%). Plus 6 deselected - that's 10% not standing again for Labour for various reasons.
20/244 (at dissolution) didn't stand last time around (8/2%).
Those numbers aren't that different from each other as a percentage (I think the current numbers are about right).

This time, they're likely to be going into govt and you'd think it's a bit more appealling to stay on.
3 of the 4 longest serving Labour MPs are going. 10/31 first elected in 2001 or earlier are going (I think).

This isn't to say that Crick (who's behind Tomorrowsmps) is wrong, but the numbers don't seem unreasonable on the face of it.

Paul Mason, for all his many flaws and his extremely strange turn in the last couple of years, is at least an intelligent guy with an interesting intellectual background and personal interests. (I met him once, was really great to talk to). Akehurst is just a nasty thug.

Was probably being a bit unkind on PM.

I've not met him, but agree with that, he's intelligent and an original thinker. The desperate lost puppy act probably comes from a genuine desire to do good.

Akekhurst is such or horrible man that he would lead an organisation that exterminated other ginger people just as long as he money and power.

Interesting article in the FT today about Rachel Reeves’ new book, ‘The women who made modern economics’, where she argues that many female economists have been the victims of shameless plagiarism and received insufficient credit from their more famous male colleagues.

Interesting in that Reeves herself appears to have conducted large scale plagiarism when writing the book, lifting sections wholesale from Wikipedia, a variety of newspapers and even her own (male) party colleagues.

Maybe this is her own version of levelling up?

Interesting article in the FT today about Rachel Reeves’ new book, ‘The women who made modern economics’, where she argues that many female economists have been the victims of shameless plagiarism and received insufficient credit from their more famous male colleagues.

Interesting in that Reeves herself appears to have conducted large scale plagiarism when writing the book, lifting sections wholesale from Wikipedia, a variety of newspapers and even her own (male) party colleagues.

Does she quote them or have you read the book and used a red pen to circle these non-referenced quotes?

I wrote the Wikipedia page for one of our local places then found the Council had lifted it for a booklet about all the local places.

Attribution depends on whether the info is under Commons licence. Even then, it can't be used for commercial purposes without attribution (and maybe payment).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.