The Labour Party

Up 20 points in the polls, excellent local elections and Tory MPs now seeking ‘safe harbour‘ with Labour. I could be wrong, but not seeing the downside here :)

Erm, okay, you don't see the downside with lunatics like Elphicke sliding over and our Keith drooling over it whilst people like Diane Abbott, who have fought for the proper Labour principles her whole life aren't welcomed?

You mean you let others do the choosing for you. My, aren’t you precious.

No, what is this fantasy world you have invented where you pick a party and they have power.
It's amazing looking at the polls, results in recent local elections and the tremendous FPTP system that individuals sit there and think I must pick a side here.

Fuck me that's funny.

Erm, okay, you don't see the downside with lunatics like Elphicke sliding over and our Keith drooling over it whilst people like Diane Abbott, who have fought for the proper Labour principles her whole life aren't welcomed?

If Gove , Lee Anderson and Suella Braverman suddenly started wearing Labour rosettes Bob would find a reason to support them.

After all if he doesn't vote for them it means the Tories get in again. In his head anyhow.

Yes we do have people that stupid and morally vacuous in the world.

Welcome to politics, or as is currently the case, welcome to successful politics. No leader of the opposition is going to refuse a defecting Govt MP, because to voters it emphasises a Govt that is collapsing. The more MPs that defect, the quicker it collapses and the more damage is done. Defectors will always receive a warm welcome - especially if that defector will be gone in a few months time.

Starmer is using Elphicke, who in turn is using Starmer to voice her grievances about Sunak. In short, they are friends with political benefits.

No, what is this fantasy world you have invented where you pick a party and they have power.
It's amazing looking at the polls, results in recent local elections and the tremendous FPTP system that individuals sit there and think I must pick a side here.

Fuck me that's funny.

Yeah, pick a side and either vote for that side or tactically to assist your side.

So, pick a side, precious.

Welcome to politics, or as is currently the case, welcome to successful politics. No leader of the opposition is going to refuse a defecting Govt MP, because to voters it emphasises a Govt that is collapsing. The more MPs that defect, the quicker it collapses and the more damage is done. Defectors will always receive a warm welcome - especially if that defector will be gone in a few months time.

Starmer is using Elphicke, who in turn is using Starmer to voice her grievances about Sunak. In short, they are friends with political benefits.

Depends upon what you define as success I suppose and who is benefitting from this "success"

Keith and his new found right wing friends "winning" would be deemed as a success for him, but for those needing a true Labour party - not so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.