The Labour Party

But they could do this. And it would go a long way in solving the issue of channel crossings.

If they land on our shores they can claim asylum, so treat a processing centre in France as ‘our shores’. It would save lives.
Who is going to pay to house, feed and water potentially thousands of people whilst they await processing? Who is going to pay to transport, house, feed, water and help settle people in the UK? Of course, it's us.

For these quite obvious reasons I really don't see why we should go beyond our minimum obligations as per literally every other country already does. We can't even help the people here properly let alone setup an international rescue centre in France.

I still think we should treat this problem for what it is, it's a criminal act facilitated by criminals and normally what then happens is you go after the criminals. Stop the criminals and the crossings stop. Even if you setup a border post, do you think applicants who would likely be rejected aren't going to try the crossing anyway?

Who is going to pay to house, feed and water potentially thousands of people whilst they await processing? Who is going to pay to transport, house, feed, water and help settle people in the UK? Of course, it's us.

For these quite obvious reasons I really don't see why we should go beyond our minimum obligations as per literally every other country already does. We can't even help the people here properly let alone setup an international rescue centre in France.

I still think we should treat this problem for what it is, it's a criminal act facilitated by criminals and normally what then happens is you go after the criminals. Stop the criminals and the crossings stop. Even if you setup a border post, do you think applicants who would likely be rejected aren't going to try the crossing anyway?

I should imagine they will join the 100k already in the UK waiting for their claims to be processed. It’s not as if people aren’t coming here already. I’m simply proposing we make it safer.

I would also allow asylum seekers to obtain work.

Two practical solutions that will save lives and reduce costs.

The current delays and backlogs in the system are costing far more.

Stopping the boats is an impossible task. How do you even start to do that? Monitor the whole of the English channel for tiny vessels in the dark? Hundreds of miles of coastline in two different countries? The people in the boats aren't even the criminals, so if we intercept one, it stops nothing.

We already do the bare minimum. Asylum seekers have always been a relatively small part of the immigration to this country so it's not the most obvious target to crack down on. People who have travelled half way across the world to be somewhere tend, also tend to be pretty keen on improving their lives. Dealing with claims quickly, deporting those who fail quickly, and allowing refugees to quickly start making a contribution to UK life is the best way to start saving money.

I should imagine they will join the 100k already in the UK waiting for their claims to be processed. It’s not as if people aren’t coming here already. I’m simply proposing we make it safer.

I would also allow asylum seekers to obtain work.

Two practical solutions that will save lives and reduce costs.
Whether people who come here illegally work or not the facts remain. we don't have enough houses, school places and health facilities to name but three. We do have plenty of homeless people, children and families in poverty, a huge use of foodbanks, long long waiting hospital lists, the inability to see your GP and lack Dentists and problems getting children into the schools their parents wish to send them to. Apart from that there are no issues at all.

If we were in utopia and could accommodate everyone then, yes let them all in after all British culture as I knew it has all but disappeared, the new British culture is to be accepting of other cultures and integration, which if that's what the British public want, then fair enough, who are we to object, provided we can both accommodate them and afford it?

So who are you tactically voting for them?
Sadly, the best way to make an impact in Wales will be to vote Reform. The best chance of getting Labour out. Believe me we have lived through a disastrous period which is as bad as if not worse than the UK Tory government.

How would Sunak look if he'd accepted a 200k loan from a Business that had been awarded numerous Government contracts and were in the process of bidding for more. Worse still they were in financial difficulties at the time and borrowed £400k from the Bank of Wales, funded by the tax payer, to give to the prospective first minister as a donation....

Whether people who come here illegally work or not the facts remain. we don't have enough houses, school places and health facilities to name but three. We do have plenty of homeless people, children and families in poverty, a huge use of foodbanks, long long waiting hospital lists, the inability to see your GP and lack Dentists and problems getting children into the schools their parents wish to send them to. Apart from that there are no issues at all.

If we were in utopia and could accommodate everyone then, yes let them all in after all British culture as I knew it has all but disappeared, the new British culture is to be accepting of other cultures and integration, which if that's what the British public want, then fair enough, who are we to object, provided we can both accommodate them and afford it?

Are people actually moving to the Welsh Valleys? Fuck me, who ever convinced them to go there is a top salesman.

Sadly, the best way to make an impact in Wales will be to vote Reform. The best chance of getting Labour out. Believe me we have lived through a disastrous period which is as bad as if not worse than the UK Tory government.

How would Sunak look if he'd accepted a 200k loan from a Business that had been awarded numerous Government contracts and were in the process of bidding for more. Worse still they were in financial difficulties at the time and borrowed £400k from the Bank of Wales, funded by the tax payer, to give to the prospective first minister as a donation....

So your solution to get rid of a potentially dodgy Labour first minister is to vote for a fascist party led by an openly corrupt and disinterested conman?

I'm sure you would be telling me exactly the same if Drakeford or Jones was still FM.

Have you still got lead piping in your plumbing?

Was waiting for that one :)

Another one for the Russian Fascist Party UK Branch. Collect your uniform at the door.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.