The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be gutted if we didn't win it, but if Leicester went on to become champions it would be hard not to feel chuffed for their fans and to say good on 'em... It would be one of the most amazing achievements in English football ever

Great season for them so far but the season runs from August to May. There are 6 months of football left yet. Hopefully with a break now in the Champions League we can start to get our injuries sorted and pick some momentum up in the league. Considering the way we are playing and the way we are defending, we aren't doing so bad sitting in 3rd with just 3 point separating us and the top, we have to play both Arsenal and Leicester twice yet... Long way to go!

Personally the way things are going I think it will end up between us and Arsenal. United aren't going to be able to sustain a title race, nor are Spurs, Chelsea are miles away and unfortunately Leicester are never going to be able to sustain this over another 22 games. Leicester are doing fantastic but it is all about confidence, it only takes one bad result and that could set them on a bad run.
Nonsense.You talk of one bad result being enough to set them on a bad run...
You mean like the one bad result they,ve had so far this season which has put them 5 points clear at the top?
As long as they dont get side-tracked with taking the f a cup seriously they have a great chance of winning the title,esp with no distractions in europe.
Most other teams in the league will be shitting themselves at playing Leicester City this season.

Last edited:
Nonsense.You talk of one bad result being enough to set them on a bad run...
You mean like the one bad result they,ve had so far this season which has put them 5 points clear at the top?
As long as they dont get side-tracked with taking the f a cup seriously they have a great chance of winning the title,esp with no distractions in europe.
Most other teams in the league will be shitting themselves at playing Leicester City this season.

The way our defence is playing with Otamendi not staying in position, Mangala struggling with basic passes Vardy and Mahrez will probably be licking their chops playing us.

I'd rather man city win the title than Leicester city, no offence Leicester city fans

But I do hope Leicester get top 4 at the expense of the spuds or Liverpool, I would say Chelsea but its hard to include mid table teams in the equation

I'd rather man city win the title than Leicester city, no offence Leicester city fans
Obviously, speaking as a City fan, I wholeheartedly agree with you there. However, trying to look at it through an Arsenal fan's eyes, I can't understand why you'd want us to win the league, rather than Leicester. Personally speaking, if we can't win it, I'd love to see Leicester pip the likes of yourselves, Spurs and our quiet neighbours to it. It'd be good to see a side come from nowhere to win it.

Obviously, speaking as a City fan, I wholeheartedly agree with you there. However, trying to look at it through an Arsenal fan's eyes, I can't understand why you'd want us to win the league, rather than Leicester. Personally speaking, if we can't win it, I'd love to see Leicester pip the likes of yourselves, Spurs and our quiet neighbours to it. It'd be good to see a side come from nowhere to win it.

I would prefer Man City as I think it wouldn't be a good advert for English football for a team like Leicester to win the prem. I'm sorry but there it is

Now going to get murdered

Last edited:
I would prefer Man City as I think it wouldn't be a good advert for English football for a team like Leicester to win the prem. I'm sorry but there it is

Now going to get murdered
I can see both sides of that.
On the one hand, we are a better 'fit' for the CL, should improve the dreaded 'coefficient' and basically look better on telly [stadium, superstars and so on].
On the other, LCFC winning the league and being in the CL shows that dreams can come true in football, that all clubs can aspire to this and that, most happily for me, the wheels of FFP and the rest of the corrupt FIFA/UEFA bandwagon have finally come off [and good fucking riddance to them].

I just can't see a possible way they can win it. Far too long to go, we have the squad to deal with a long run in. Fair play to what they have done so far, Mahrez and Vardy are flying, i really like Ranieri, but i don't think they can maintain this in the second half of the season.... Really hope they get top 4....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.