The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer Man City as I think it wouldn't be a good advert for English football for a team like Leicester to win the prem. I'm sorry but there it is

Now going to get murdered
I can see what you're getting at there. But it would be great if Leicester could "do a Forest".

I don't know but the premier league will be vilified as a poor standard all over the world if Leicester do win it, I would prefer they finish top four for a few seasons then win it. I have nothing against Leicester city I would say the same if this was stoke city

I don't know but the premier league will be vilified as a poor standard all over the world if Leicester do win it, I would prefer they finish top four for a few seasons then win it. I have nothing against Leicester city I would say the same if this was stoke city
Going on the past few seasons' performances by PL teams in the CL, I'm not sure how highly regarded our league is by other countries.

Each to their own but I'd claim that a team hammering another 10-2 is a much better indicator of a poor standard of league rather than a surprize package winning the title.

Yes good point, but the premier league is still regarded by many as the best league in the world..

That would be hard to justify if a team containing, Robert huth and Wes Morgan went on to win it...

This sounds really disrespectful but its not meaning to be

I'd find it hard to reason with anyone who would not like Leicester to win the PL if their own club wasn't to.

Looking at their results and fixtures of late.....

Newcastle 0-3 Leicester
Leicester 1-1 Man United
Swansea 0-3 Leicester
Leicester 2-1 Chelsea
Everton 2-3 Leicester

Still to come....

Liverpool v Leicester
Leicester v Man City

Lets be honest here, after the run they've been on, if they come out of the double header with Liverpool and you lot unbeaten, then they'll have a great chance of the title. Their next 4 games are:

Leicester v Bournemouth
Tottenham v Leicester
Aston Villa v Leicester
Leicester v Stoke

It's hard not to see them picking up 9pts there.

W
Each to their own but I'd claim that a team hammering another 10-2 is a much better indicator of a poor standard of league rather than a surprize package winning the title.

The Spanish league will never be seen as weak whilst players like, Ronaldo,messi grace it. The premiership has no players at that level, Aguero is the closest

I'd find it hard to reason with anyone who would not like Leicester to win the PL if their own club wasn't to.

Looking at their results and fixtures of late.....

Newcastle 0-3 Leicester
Leicester 1-1 Man United
Swansea 0-3 Leicester
Leicester 2-1 Chelsea
Everton 2-3 Leicester

Still to come....

Liverpool v Leicester
Leicester v Man City

Lets be honest here, after the run they've been on, if they come out of the double header with Liverpool and you lot unbeaten, then they'll have a great chance of the title. Their next 4 games are:

Leicester v Bournemouth
Tottenham v Leicester
Aston Villa v Leicester
Leicester v Stoke

It's hard not to see them picking up 9pts there.

I still think it will be the games against the likes of Villa and Stoke where Leicester will struggle. When teams play deep against them and give Mahrez and Vardy very little space to work with I think there results will drop. At the moment I feel like many people still think they are a flash in the pan and their bubble will burst. The sooner teams stop and accept that they are a very good side and adapt their tactics to suit then we will see what Leicester are made of.

Yes good point, but the premier league is still regarded by many as the best league in the world..

That would be hard to justify if a team containing, Robert huth and Wes Morgan went on to win it...

This sounds really disrespectful but its not meaning to be
Its sounds like a self entitled Tarquin to me.

Leicester winning the PL would be a great advert worldwide. Shunning the reputation of it being a richer version of the SPL where turd polishing to sell the same teams winning it is part of the "Brand"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.