The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These bastards are a good signing away from challenging to seasons end. Thought Xmas would sort them out but all it did was sort everyone else out and ease them in to the end. Be beyond weird for them to win the league

Wonder how their players will react if they reach the stage where they are in touching distance of the PL title.

Lots of players cack themselves and this is where we potentially have an edge because our players have dealt with that pressure before.

These bastards are a good signing away from challenging to seasons end. Thought Xmas would sort them out but all it did was sort everyone else out and ease them in to the end. Be beyond weird for them to win the league

I wouldn't begrudge it either.

I'd love their fans to get the feeling we did in 2012 if City can't.

Wonder how their players will react if they reach the stage where they are in touching distance of the PL title.

Lots of players cack themselves and this is where we potentially have an edge because our players have dealt with that pressure before.

Bingo, this is what i'd call the Arsenal syndrome; they always bottle it in the final hurdle when the pressure peaks in April.
This is what separate a team with ambition and guts driven by a fearless coach from the rest.

I get the feeling they will just enjoy the ride with no pressure

I wouldn't begrudge it either.

I'd love their fans to get the feeling we did in 2012 if City can't.
In fairness the feeling they had would be a lot more than ours. They just shouldn't be winning the league or even near it, paddy power offered my mate a early out on his bet which he took because it literally is so implausible. Having said that the way they are going it's highly likely although I do still expect a vey bad run for them which they haven't really had yet

Apparently going after Loic Remy before the window closes....Would be a huge signing for them but not sure if Chelsea would sell

Leicester's season has been astounding, you'd have had them down as a side that would be fighting the drop when August came around, and now it's the end of January and they're 3 points clear at the top of the Premier League! They've had some good fortune, in as much as they've avoided any real injury concerns, something that has been vital as, with their relatively limited resources, they simply couldn't have coped with losing too many of their key players. They're 10 points clear of 5th place at this stage and, given the fact everyone seems to be dropping points, this is the first time I've thought with any real confidence that they'd make the Champion's League spots. I'd love them to get top 3 as then they're guaranteed to make the group stage, if they end up 4th they'd have a hugely tricky tie to get to the group, against someone like Leverkusen, Inter, PSV, Villarreal etc.

I still think they'll fall just short of winning the league, as will Spurs. I think it'll be either City or Arsenal, whichever one falls over the least as the run in starts. Can Leicester do it? Of course, I just don't think they will. If City can't win it though I'd be delighted for Leicester to do it, they'd be the biggest shock as far as title winners are concerned that I can remember.

Their next 3 games will tell us a lot , Grievers at home then away to us and arselona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.