The "let's talk" thread

Im currently really struggling. Cocaine, gambling, alcohol have stolen my sanity. The bouts of depression i get after ive failed yet again to kick away my addictions are getting worse. Ive lost countless job this year, im struggling to leave the house at the minute, but what i do know is im on the path to recover. I start my steps with my sponsor on sunday AGAIN, and ive started taking my medication again and i will stick to it this time. I know my life could be great i just need to sort my addictions. The life of an addict is no fun at all. Its fuckin scary world im only 30 but my life has been ruled by addiction, since i was 14/15. Ive never had any money and always been is huge somes of debt but this year has been my worse i have lost so much. I do believe cocaine is playing a major role in mental health issues today so many people do it. Thats me anyway thought would get the ball rolling. I do have family still around me and a lot support i have two young boys 5 and 7 and my wife., im unbelievably lucky that they have stuck around

Im currently really struggling. Cocaine, gambling, alcohol have stolen my sanity. The bouts of depression i get after ive failed yet again to kick away my addictions are getting worse. Ive lost countless job this year, im struggling to leave the house at the minute, but what i do know is im on the path to recover. I start my steps with my sponsor on sunday AGAIN, and ive started taking my medication again and i will stick to it this time. I know my life could be great i just need to sort my addictions. The life of an addict is no fun at all. Its fuckin scary world im only 30 but my life has been ruled by addiction, since i was 14/15. Ive never had any money and always been is huge somes of debt but this year has been my worse i have lost so much. I do believe cocaine is playing a major role in mental health issues today so many people do it. Thats me anyway thought would get the ball rolling. I do have family still around me and a lot support i have two young boys 5 and 7 and my wife., im unbelievably lucky that they have stuck around

Good luck mate. A person very close to me has a huge coke problem and it is sad to see. Genuinely hope you sort things and stay with the wife and the kids.

Good luck fella. You've the biggest asset right next to you in family. Those are the ones who will pull you through.

Good luck mate. A person very close to me has a huge coke problem and it is sad to see. Genuinely hope you sort things and stay with the wife and the kids.

Thanks im at the point now where i know the answers and what needs to be done, i just need to stick at it and not lose focus. My advice to anyone else with cocaine or alcohol issues is get to you nearest meetings AA or CA. I enjoy them and its the only thing i have found that works.

Thanks im at the point now where i know the answers and what needs to be done, i just need to stick at it and not lose focus. My advice to anyone else with cocaine or alcohol issues is get to you nearest meetings AA or CA. I enjoy them and its the only thing i have found that works.

I had a mate who was struggling with alchohol and coke for twenty years. Only thing that sorted him was a month in the priory. He has the odd pint now but not been pissed for ten years and enjoys his gardening and allotment and fitness work as well as city.

You need to beat it as I am sure you know. You have a long life to lead and lots of years with the kids to enjoy.

What do you work as if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm fucked.

There you go, first time I've admitted it.

Sometimes I wish I didn't exist, or that life was a bit easier.

I've too many health issues at the moment, most of my own making and I don't know how I can change it.

I had a mate who was struggling with alchohol and coke for twenty years. Only thing that sorted him was a month in the priory. He has the odd pint now but not been pissed for ten years and enjoys his gardening and allotment and fitness work as well as city.

You need to beat it as I am sure you know. You have a long life to lead and lots of years with the kids to enjoy.

What do you work as if you don’t mind me asking?

I do Landscape gardening but ive left my job last week hopefully only temporarily, i keep letting them down and i want to focus on sorting my self out. Theres certain meetings i can do with the drug and alcohol people but only in the day. My wifes jobs is just enough to support us for now. Im hoping to go back after Christmas in a better mindset. I borrowed a lot of money to go into a rehab last year i was clean for 3 months, then it all drastically went wrong again. Its so hard but i do also have to take some responsibility for my behaviour too, i know i can never drink like a normal person can, one drink then anything can happen i cannnot stop until i have to.

I'm fucked.

There you go, first time I've admitted it.

Sometimes I wish I didn't exist, or that life was a bit easier.

I've too many health issues at the moment, most of my own making and I don't know how I can change it.

I know how you feel mate life is one hell of a battle eh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.