The "let's talk" thread

Back in April my relationship with my long term partner ended(15 years).
She just came home and told me she didn't love me anymore and wanted me to leave the home we've been living in for 13 years.

I was utterly devastated by the news and she wouldn't let me talk to her to try to sort it out and try to save the relationship. We have a son together and the only thing we could agree on was him and to make sure he wasn't affected by it.

I had to move into my dad's flat which wasn't too bad as he works in Spain and my brother lives there so at least I had somewhere to live.

However in July my dad had to come home as he was feeling unwell. He went to the doctor's who immediately referred him to hospital. After about 3 weeks it was confirmed that he had non curable lung cancer (stage 4).

This was of course again devestating news for me again and I had to start looking for somewhere to live but I know this sounds daft but I was shit scared of living on my own(I'm 44) as I've never done that before.

I was completely stressed out and about a month ago I had a complete breakdown in work and I had to go to hospital where I was diagnosed with acute anxiety and high levels of stress.

My Dr said it it a cry for help by my body as I was completely burnt out

I have since been referred to a therapist which has been great for me and has taught me how to cop better with all these things what have happened to me.

My and the ex are on good speaking terms and have come to an arrangement with our son which suits us both.

I have found somewhere to live. I've got an apartment in Oldham town center which is close to my dad and not too for from my son on the tram and I'm slowly getting used to living on my own.

However I'm still finding it dealing with my dad's situation. Too see his deterioration is really hard for me to cope with but my therapist is helping me with that.

All I want to say is my close friends and work have been brilliant with me and if people out are having similar issues don't bottle it all up like I did. Tell people how you feel and ask for help. It's out there and it'll make you feel so much better like I'm beginning to feel.

Sorry for the long post

Last edited:
Back in April my relationship with my long term partner ended(15 years).
She just came home and told me she didn't love me anymore and wanted me to leave the home we've been living in for 13 years.

I was utterly devastated by the news and she wouldn't let me talk to her to try to sort it out and try to save the relationship. We have a son together and the only thing we could agree on was him and to make sure he wasn't affected by it.

I had to move into my dad's flat which wasn't too bad as he works in Spain and my brother lives there so at least I had somewhere to live.

However in July my dad had to come home as he was feeling unwell. He went to the doctor's who immediately referred him to hospital. After about 3 weeks it was confirmed that he had non curable lung cancer (stage 4).

This was of course again devestating news for me again and I had to start looking for somewhere to live but I know this sounds daft but I was shit scared of living on my own(I'm 44) as I've never done that before.

I was completely stressed out and about a month ago I had a complete breakdown in work and I had to go to hospital where I was diagnosed with acute anxiety and high levels of stress.

My Dr said it it a cry for help by my body as I was completely burnt out

I have since been referred to a therapist which has been great for me and has taught me how to cop better with all these things what have happened to me.

My and the ex are on good speaking terms and have come to an arrangement with our son which suits us both.

I have found somewhere to live. I've got an apartment in Oldham town center which is close to my dad and not too for from my son on the tram and I'm slowly getting used to living on my own.

However I'm still finding it dealing with my dad's situation. Too see his detrition is hard for me to cope with but my therapist is helping him with that.

All I want to say is my close friends and work have been brilliant with me and if people out are having similar issues don't bottle it all up like I did. Tell people how you feel and ask for help. It's out there and it'll make you feel so much better like I'm beginning to feel.

Sorry for the long post

No post is too long in this thread!

In January last year i was given a tablet by my doctor for something minor, i had a servere reaction to it which led to my body becoming erythrodermic with psoriasis( i have had minor psoriasis for 20 years) This led to me being hospitalised at Salford royal, covered in grease head to toe, in constant pain and discomfort. Everything they prescribed has failed, light treatment(made it worse) immune suppressants ( dangerously affected my kidneys) and creams. After 10 months i am still virtually house bound. I only go out to the hospital as my body is still 75% covered and the temperature changes play havoc with me. I have bandages on my feet, plastic gloves on my hands. Im out of money but strangely still mentally well. I have my very down times but they will soon be starting me on a treatment called biologics which i have heard good things about(i met a woman in Salford Royal last week who said it was life changing for her) so i try to keep upbeat and positive.

Fair play to the forum and moderators for allowing it. If it helps just one person it can't be a bad thing.

My brother runs his own Health & Safety company and has recently qualified as a mental health first aider to offer courses for the workplace.

Great thread and suggestion mate as suicide amongst us guys is not really spoken about but its taking more and more of us as we suffer in silence.

Our kid attempted suicide and my sister is bi polar and i have also had several episodes of being on the antidepressants so know what it can be like to be suffering and you genuinely feel so alone in it.

In January last year i was given a tablet by my doctor for something minor, i had a servere reaction to it which led to my body becoming erythrodermic with psoriasis( i have had minor psoriasis for 20 years) This led to me being hospitalised at Salford royal, covered in grease head to toe, in constant pain and discomfort. Everything they prescribed has failed, light treatment(made it worse) immune suppressants ( dangerously affected my kidneys) and creams. After 10 months i am still virtually house bound. I only go out to the hospital as my body is still 75% covered and the temperature changes play havoc with me. I have bandages on my feet, p seem in decdntlastic gloves on my hands. Im out of money but strangely still mentally well. I have my very down times but they will soon be starting me on a treatment called biologics which i have heard good things about(i met a woman in Salford Royal last week who said it was life changing for her) so i try to keep upbeat and positive.
if poorly Salford Royal is the place to be.
you seem in decent spirits. well done .

Great thread this. I know of people who's circumstances have got the better of them and they haven't had anyone to turn to help. If this thread can help just one person it will be well worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.