The "let's talk" thread

Some, if not many would perhaps envy that position tbf. Many people I know aren't particularly happy when the veil is lifted from their 'normal, family lives'. I only really found about all that after own family relationship breakdown. Some are meant for the famly life, others can drive their personality mad. I personally think Manchester is a great place to live (increasinly vibrant) and down in Cheshire if you want something a little quieter and 'posher'....such a bag of opportunities to someone in your position mate.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I’ve had two spells there and it’s never quite happened. As a student, I was out in the indie clubs three to four nights a week and didn’t have a care in the world. I put on live music nights, DJ’d etc. The scene changed too much and I retired from music to concentrate on a career instead which was probably very wise. I had another spell there for eighteen months but couldn’t get anything going work wise.

When I buy a home next year, I make the biggest financial decision of my life. I have to get it right. My desire is a city in South Wales as I love the spirit; but I fear not being able to get work. There’s no industry. I go to Swansea and Cardiff within the first three months of next year for a weekend. I’ll be observing.

Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I’ve had two spells there and it’s never quite happened. As a student, I was out in the indie clubs three to four nights a week and didn’t have a care in the world. I put on live music nights, DJ’d etc. The scene changed too much and I retired from music to concentrate on a career instead which was probably very wise. I had another spell there for eighteen months but couldn’t get anything going work wise.

When I buy a home next year, I make the biggest financial decision of my life. I have to get it right. My desire is a city in South Wales as I love the spirit; but I fear not being able to get work. There’s no industry. I go to Swansea and Cardiff within the first three months of next year for a weekend. I’ll be observing.
Manchester frustrstes the hell out of you? Listen pal, you're always slagging off this great city and friendly people off, it's fuckin' nerve grating. If you didn't look down your nose to those you meet and embrace the love on offer, you'll find the poorest of people would gladly share their last teabag with you over a friendly chat. In my experience south Wales folks are generally a friendly bunch too. But Manchester is home, my home so less of the disparaging remarks in future please.

Manchester frustrstes the hell out of you? Listen pal, you're always slagging off this great city and friendly people off, it's fuckin' nerve grating. If you didn't look down your nose to those you meet and embrace the love on offer, you'll find the poorest of people would gladly share their last teabag with you over a friendly chat. In my experience south Wales folks are generally a friendly bunch too. But Manchester is home, my home so less of the disparaging remarks in future please.

How friendly was the lad ejected for racist abuse? The foul mouthed man in the family stand? The trouble in numerous parts of the ground? The lighters and coins thrown at United players? The coked up scrotes wrenching open a security door to attack rival fans? There’s thread after thread upstairs berating ignorant behaviour at the Derby. This is why Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I don’t go anymore. City used to be my life.

When I lived back home I used to much prefer Manchester to Liverpool. The shops and nightlife in general was much better and probably still is. Never had any problems socially and found if you just chatted normally with no attitude people were fine.

How friendly was the lad ejected for racist abuse? The foul mouthed man in the family stand? The trouble in numerous parts of the ground? The lighters and coins thrown at United players? The coked up scrotes wrenching open a security door to attack rival fans? There’s thread after thread upstairs berating ignorant behaviour at the Derby. This is why Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I don’t go anymore. City used to be my life.

None of that is unique to Manchester. You find what you go looking for generally.

I think you 100% have to tell her. You might not get the reaction or response you're hoping for, but if you don't tell her then you'll never know and shit like that can eat you up inside for years.
Perhaps putting your thoughts into a letter and getting your feelings across in that way might be best. It gives her space to digest it all and puts the ball in her court.
Fingers crossed for that Hollywood ending!

I remember writing a pretty long, gushing post on a thread on here about 2 years ago (thread was about love at first sight). I was going out with a girl who I thought was literally perfect for me and how it felt amazing to have met someone so in tune with me with very similar interests etc etc
Naturally that all fell apart at the start of this year; we allowed the relationship to drift towards the end of 2018 and eventually called it a day in January. We did have a brief rekindle around March - May and it was actually like old times for a while but then I discovered something which put the final nail in the relationship coffin and we haven't spoken since, nor will we again. Sometimes you think you know someone, but in reality you don't know them at all. But I have no regrets that we gave it another shot despite what happened, and at least I have closure on that chapter of my life. I've 'mourned' the loss of the relationship/friendship and feel positive heading into 2020.

As they say in the superlative TV show Six Feet Under; everyday above ground is a good one.
Hold it right there. You can’t say that and then not disclose what you found out about her ffs!

You never have a good word to say about Manchester. If you don't mind me asking, why do you support City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.