The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

So the church has 250k to throw about on a pointless advert does it? A quick look before commissioning this would have revealed the rules and regulations regarding adverts in cinemas. Still...

If you watch it it is as funny as fuck. People actually believe this rubbish?

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Hold on, they forgive debts and debtors? Don't remember that when I got married, the greedy cunts were demanding cash left right and centre.

I`m glad they have banned it. What the fuck has religion got to do with going to the cinema? You want religion, go to fuckin church or whatever if your daft enough. stupid cunts the lot of em.
There must surely be a few moderate, intelligent atheists on this forum who are capable of challenging beliefs without insulting or mocking them. I remember a time when we all used to stand for the national anthem at the conclusion of the film at the cinema but those days are long gone.

....It's a bit like asking for halal meat from a greengrocer and then when he says 'I don't sell halal meat' complaining that you have been refused service on the grounds of your religious belief.
I need to think some more about this issue, my instinct at the moment is to respond that it's more like taking carrots to market and being told you can't sell them, despite their supreme quality, because they were grown by a farmer who believed in God.

Careful, they'll be wanting to silence the church bells next. Incidentally, I was on holiday in Turkey a few years back and our next door neighbour cut the wires to the loudspeaker relaying morning prayers from the muezzin at the local mosque.

think they should start to consolidate and shut the unused churches, what do you think george?

I need to think some more about this issue, my instinct at the moment is to respond that it's more like taking carrots to market and being told you can't sell them, despite their supreme quality, because they were grown by a farmer who believed in God.

This makes no sense. How would he know the farmer believed in god?

It's about people going to a cinema and not having religious beliefs shoved down their throats. There are better, and cheaper ways, of doing this. Mind you, I also feel the same about adverts. Ban them as well. They used to be about the Indian restaurant round the corner. A proper advert.

Careful, they'll be wanting to silence the church bells next.

I just think there are better things that the church could and should spend its money on. Publicity gained from using advertising money for those in need would be more fruitful and more in line with what the church should be doing IMO.

think they should start to consolidate and shut the unused churches, what do you think george?

Attendance at many churches in small villages is dropping and attendance increasing at churches in towns and cities (at least where I live this is the case). Sooner or later many of these small village churches are going to close and be sold off I would think.

So the church has 250k to throw about on a pointless advert does it? A quick look before commissioning this would have revealed the rules and regulations regarding adverts in cinemas. Still...

If you watch it it is as funny as fuck. People actually believe this rubbish?

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Hold on, they forgive debts and debtors? Don't remember that when I got married, the greedy cunts were demanding cash left right and centre.
I see that this thread has rapidly filled up with the usual offensive bile and now directly mocks The Lord's Prayer. Shameful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.