The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

What's the problem then? It's just an advert, no one is forcing anyone to buy or do anything.

Yep, nobody is forcing the agency to take on the advert and the COE think they should be forced to take it on, that's exactly the problem.

It seems even aethiesm has to be extreme and devout nowadays.

Must admit as an agnostic I am not arrogant enough to be able to decisively announce any religion as 100% wrong and I am certainly not able to either say 100% that science is right or wrong.

I think science has a basis of proof and is evolving more than most religions. But then I look at religion and religious texts as purely stories put down at a time when fact was told through story and through analogous tales. Texts written then we're not supposed to ever be literal and were political works of their day that would had they been kept part of a storytelling society would have evolved and changed with each generation. Instead (and the same thing is true of many countries constitutions) we moved into a world where the evolution stopped where word became fixed fact and stopped changing.

Do i want to be subjected to a 6th century interpretation of something that never evolved when I go to watch a Bond film? No
As an agnostic you're automatically an atheist.

You're just not a gnostic atheist.

For some reason the Anglican Church seems to think it has the right to force us to sit through a load of mumbo jumbo before watching a film.
They seem to think they can force a company to change its very reasonable policy regarding religion and politics.
It'd just lead to a mad rush to get in between the end of the evangelism and the start of the film in the same way there used to be a mad rush to get out before the national anthem started at the end of a film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.