The Manager

PaleBlue said:
More worrying to me is what the fook has happened to VK? He's been poor so far and is usually the rock. That third (and possibly first) was his to block and he ducked it?

Not so much the first goal ...... Javi Garcia was too slow to get to Marcello

but certainly the winner ..... once Zab had failed to show Ronaldo out wide , and let him cut in , Kompany should have 'stood tall' in front of Ronaldos shot ..... Joe Hart was kinda pointing that out to him after the ball was in the net !

When dzeko came on yaya and tevez were both clearly perplexed at what the formation was supposed to be. We looked unbalanced down the right and zab was exposed. Think on it bob. Perhaps milners work ethic would have been a better choice than nasri's inconsistency, tonight - but nasri's early withdrawal probably stitched us up in the end.

didactic said:
PaleBlue said:
OP - jog on.

Thank you. We lost to the second best team in THE WORLD!!!!! Barely lost. Get a grip.

the second ? they defeated barca in la liga and then in the supercup 3 weeks ago.

or was you saying the second becouse you rate chelsea as the first ?

black mamba said:
We COULD blame the manager , yeah ....

but then again we could also ask Javi Garcia why he didn't bust a gut to get to Marcello a bit quicker for Madrids first goal ...

we might also ask Vincent Kompany why he didn't 'stand tall' in front of Ronaldos winning shot , instead of ducking .... something that it looked like Joe Hart immediately picked up on after the shot had beaten him.

we could also ask Zabaleta why he didn't 'shepherd' Ronaldo out wide in the first place , instead of allowing him to cut inside for his 'final pop' at goal ?

we could ALWAYS ask questions , couldn't we???
the fact is we stood off them all through the game.....how many times did they have as much time as they wanted on the edge of our box?

Not over reacting really but all the tactical geniuses on here make me laugh at times, they think they know better than Mancini and all his coaches. We've got 3 trophies under Mancini up to now and he will win us a lot more and all the coaches on here moaning that he's tactically naive in Europe will eat their words when we win the big one in the not so distant future.

black mamba said:

but then again we could also ask Javi Garcia why he didn't bust a gut to get to Marcello a bit quicker for Madrids first goal ...

we might also ask Vincent Kompany why he didn't 'stand tall' in front of Ronaldos winning shot , instead of ducking .... something that it looked like Joe Hart immediately picked up on after the shot had beaten him.

we could also ask Zabaleta why he didn't 'shepherd' Ronaldo out wide in the first place , instead of allowing him to cut inside for his 'final pop' at goal ?

i will ask one... why did he drop lescott...shocking decision!!!

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Not over reacting really but all the tactical geniuses on here make me laugh at times, they think they know better than Mancini and all his coaches. We've got 3 trophies under Mancini up to now and he will win us a lot more and all the coaches on here moaning that he's tactically naive in Europe will eat their words when we win the big one in the not so distant future.
Agreed

Burtonblue said:
Sorry but have to disagree
Gave Madrid the game of their life in their own backyard
In case you didn't notice, Real were on it big time tonight. I'll bet very few teams will go 2-1 up at the Bernabeu with 5 to go. If we'd hung on you would have proclaimed RM as a genius.
It was a game of narrow margins and on another day we would have won it.
Have to credit Madrid. They were awesome tonight and our boys did amazingly well to get anywhere near them tonight.
Well said.

Did people really expect us to beat Real at their ground?
I hope the pain of being so close to a very famous win will drive them on and become a big lesson learnt.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:27 pm --<br /><br />
Burtonblue said:
borassic said:
Poor individual defending let us down, not Mancini. These will be eradicated as the season goes on.
+1
+2

2bluejacko said:
black mamba said:

i will ask one... why did he drop lescott...shocking decision!!!
To be fair I thought Nastisic had a pretty good game.
He looks quicker than Lescott and I suspect Mancini preferred him tonight down the left to counter Di Maria and Arbeloa's pace.
Either that or maybe Joleon not 100%
Alternatively RM could be mad.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.