The Manchester Derby Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart said:
4-2 to City and this coming from the eternal pessimist.

Come on LH you always tip against us and we don't lose when you do that. Can't you reconsider?

It's getting close now can't wait to finish my 12 hour shift Sunday morning nip home for a shower and head to weatherspoons for 9am. Start the beer have a breakfast go to the ETIHAD kick some ass (hopefully) and get pissed again in Middleton. We're a better team than them and with home advantage I just can't see us losing but then I tell myself it's the Rags were playing anything can happen.

Pam said:
Meanwhile over at the Swamp Cafe, they are variously feuding like demented inbred hillbillies, suicide pacting or plotting to kill Ryan Giggs. Anyway, and for whats it worth, they seem to be no more confident about Sunday than we are. The slag festing over there is every bit amatch for our own... which is fucking saying something lately.
You're a strange one you. I think it's you more than most who labels others on here as 'rags', yet here you are taking the time out to go on a Manchester United forum. Very, very fucking strange.

........................JH..........................
PZ........VK...............MN............GC
..............GB......YT.......................
JM.....................................DS.....
.....................SA..........................
................MB...............................

I suspect United are going to be far more attack minded than they were in the fixture last season. So I think it'll be a high scoring match with City winning by the odd goal.

Niall2407 said:
Sat with a united fan who is refusing to even go pub to watch it on Sunday because he knows they will lose! said he will watch it on his own to save embarrassment haha

They're running scared...

BillyShears said:

I suspect United are going to be far more attack minded than they were in the fixture last season. So I think it'll be a high scoring match with City winning by the odd goal.

Milner is so important for Sunday, they couldn't cope with him and his link play with Silva at Old Trafford-fantastic cover for Zabaleta also on the right channel-again both linked up superbly against Chelsea.

Totally agree with that line up fella-United are scared of Balotelli's unpredictability.

.............................Hart
Zaba.........Kompany....Nasty.......Clichy
.......Razak............Yaya........GazBaz
................Aguero.......Tevez
......................Mario

Panty, Kolo, JoLo, Nasri, Garcia, Sinclair, Dzeko

Assumes Silva and Milner not fit, and Maicon still knackered and not recovered from almost dying on his feet after 60 minutes on Tuesday!

BillyShears said:

This would be brilliant if we had all those players fit

flb said:
BillyShears said:

Milner is so important for Sunday, they couldn't cope with him and his link play with Silva at Old Trafford-fantastic cover for Zabaleta also on the right channel-again both linked up superbly against Chelsea.

Totally agree with that line up fella-United are scared of Balotelli's unpredictability.

Personally I think we've got a big psychological edge over them. No doubt they will be up for it, but if we take control of the ball, they will struggle to break us down. Big game for our back 4. I think they've recovered from their early season season dip in form and this will be the acid test for where they're at as a unit.

Winning the derby-->extra lift in form/top of the league with same points maybe better performances in later matches of the month.

Losing it --> moral would be very low, horrible CL exit, and derby loss, 6 points behind them, losing the unbeaten run, our bad form could get even deeper, and Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich away matches still to be played in December.

(After the derby they have
Sunderland, Newcastle, WBA all home matches
Swansea away

we have Reading at home
Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich all away from home lot harder 4 matches than theirs.)

If we lose the derby I can see them going 8-10 points clear on top until end of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.