The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember a couple of years ago Rodwell completely man marking Silva out of the game against Everton. Stick him on Shrek, give him no peace and the fuzzy headed one may just loose his cool. I think Navas could give poor old Evra a torrid time if allowed to go one on one against him. I think I would also pair Sergio with Negrado for this one. But what the hell do I know !!

Not overly confident I must admit. Rewind 2 years and not only did we overpower them physically but also we had big game players who delivered on the big occasions. I think they'll get joy down our left hand side with Valencia seeing plenty of the ball. Kolarov needs to be right on his game but can't see Silva or Nasri giving him much protection. I wouldn't mind us start with all of Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell and Milner to be honest with Aguero up top. Need our best performance of the season on Sunday so let's hope we're really up for it.

DJRobb said:
I seem to remember a couple of years ago Rodwell completely man marking Silva out of the game against Everton. Stick him on Shrek, give him no peace and the fuzzy headed one may just loose his cool. I think Navas could give poor old Evra a torrid time if allowed to go one on one against him. I think I would also pair Sergio with Negrado for this one. But what the hell do I know !!

Good shout there, M8

Funnily enough the rag I share a car with to work every day has spotted exactly these issues !
C,mon Blues !
You can win this

If anything, winning this game will be like obtaining another level of confidence rather that three points that will decide the title.

I personally believe that because it's so early on the season a loss here is not going to be the end of the world as there is thirty odd games to claw it back, however, in regards to confidence, winning this game could decide how well one team goes for weeks maybe months to come.

Winning here could kick start our season off, perfect for us going confidence wise going into the Bayern game as well.

sam-caddick said:
If anything, winning this game will be like obtaining another level of confidence rather that three points that will decide the title.

I personally believe that because it's so early on the season a loss here is not going to be the end of the world as there is thirty odd games to claw it back, however, in regards to confidence, winning this game could decide how well one team goes for weeks maybe months to come.

Winning here could kick start our season off, perfect for us going confidence wise going into the Bayern game as well.

Last season's derby in December decided the title

The only likely change from teusdays starting 11 is Negredo for Dzeko. But I don't expect that. I doubt Silva would replace Nasri either. Nasri's workrate on the left on Teusday alone, should guarantee him a start. And when you add that to the clinic he put on offensively, no one in there right minds should be considering benching him.

Same lineup as teusday, with Negredo instead of Dzeko as the only likely change.

mammutly said:
sam-caddick said:

There was only two teams challenging for the titlem you could argue there are 6 now.

Plus, December is the month when you start seeing proper break away zones in the league, If we win we only go three points ahead of United, that's nothing.

United have already played Chelsea at home and Liverpool away this season as well, this is our first top 6 game.

-- Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:54 pm --

mammutly said:
sam-caddick said:

There was only two teams challenging for the titlem you could argue there are 6 now.

Plus, December is the month when you start seeing proper break away zones in the league, If we win we only go three points ahead of United, that's nothing.

The only concern I have is that United have already played Chelsea at home and Liverpool away this season as well yet are still level points with us, this is our first top 6 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.