The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win and nothing less..

We have dominated these games while Mancini was the manager even when losing... Big test for Pelegrini this is a game where we will see if he is as good as they say...

we really have dominated them in the past two seasons in league play. Even in the loss last season, we dominated, you can watch the highlights if you forgot about it.

Kun Aguero said:
davymcfc said:
Firasdo said:
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUnsNE0CAAAb3BV.jpg[/bigimg]
I take it the 1-0 in the FA cup semi final never happened. Weird how they included uniteds FA cup third round win though.

That's since Aguero joined. Aguero hasn't won a FA cup(sadly!)
Well he joined in 2011 and that quotes games from 2010. I have noticed they have also not included the 2-1 from when Rooney scored his overhead shinner.

daxman said:
The only likely change from teusdays starting 11 is Negredo for Dzeko. But I don't expect that. I doubt Silva would replace Nasri either. Nasri's workrate on the left on Teusday alone, should guarantee him a start. And when you add that to the clinic he put on offensively, no one in there right minds should be considering benching him.

Same lineup as teusday, with Negredo instead of Dzeko as the only likely change.

Pellegrini was very quick to speak today about the need for rotation, And 7 games in 21 days.

I think Jovetic will play with Aguero pushed forward to exploit his speed against Ferdinand and Vidic.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I can see no basis for optimism on this one. Looking at how we have performed in the last 3 premier league games against lesser opposition than the rags, I think we are going to lose - badly.

I would be delighted to come on here on Sunday night and crawl over the coals of total abuse that I will hopefully deserve. But head over heart, I can't see that being necessary.

FantasyIreland said:
gmckennasell said:
JamesMCFC said:
If possible I'd play:

Hart
Richards Kompany Nasty Zabba
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Nasri Silva
Aguero

The thought of Kolarov marking Valencia terrifies me.

Why? Valencia hasnt played a decent game for 18 months , according to rag supporters.
He had a very good game three days ago, his timing couldn't be better from a rag perspective.

i will have to take your word on that , i dont watch the rags , would rather have a frontal lobotomy than watch the red shite.

A few posters seem to be pointing to the earliness in the season of this fixture as reason for its diminished importance: long way to go etc... I believe the opposite is true. Both clubs have more uncertainty at their heart than for several years and are both capable of being propelled in a particular
direction as a consequence of what happens on Sunday.

united have spluttered a little so far, but a win on Sunday would make Moyes' overall start a satisfactory one, given the range of fixtures that he was dealt by the malfunctioning Premier League computer. Lose on Sunday and it's a fairly disastrous start, with no positive results against anyone of note. Moyes big game credentials - already the weakest part of his CV - would be seriously called into question; and rightly so.

City have also had a faltering start, but a win in the Derby would put decent clear daylight between us and united and confine the debacle at Cardiff to the realm of afterthought. Lose, however, and Pellegrini's ability to manage in this country will be seriously questioned by some.

The short number of games played so far will, imo, accentuate the importance of this result, not diminish it. People say the league isn't won in September, but I believe this result could have a profound impact on what happens in May for reasons which extend beyond the three (or one) point(s) accrued.

I'm going 3-1 City. Sunday could be take-off time.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
A few posters seem to be pointing to the earliness in the season of this fixture as reason for its diminished importance: long way to go etc... I believe the opposite is true. Both clubs have more uncertainty at their heart than for several years and are both capable of being propelled in a particular
direction as a consequence of what happens on Sunday.

united have spluttered a little so far, but a win on Sunday would make Moyes' overall start a satisfactory one, given the range of fixtures that he was dealt by the malfunctioning Premier League computer. Lose on Sunday and it's a fairly disastrous start, with no positive results against anyone of note. Moyes big game credentials - already the weakest part of his CV - would be seriously called into question; and rightly so.

City have also had a faltering start, but a win in the Derby would put decent clear daylight between us and united and confine the debacle at Cardiff to the realm of afterthought. Lose, however, and Pellegrini's ability to manage in this country will be seriously questioned by some.

The short number of games played so far will, imo, accentuate the importance of this result, not diminish it. People say the league isn't won in September, but I believe this result could have a profound impact on what happens in May for reasons which extend beyond the three (or one) point(s) accrued.

I'm going 3-1 City. Sunday could be take-off time.
Excellent post. The only bit I disagree with is the score. After much thought I'm going 4-2 City.

cibaman said:
daxman said:
The only likely change from teusdays starting 11 is Negredo for Dzeko. But I don't expect that. I doubt Silva would replace Nasri either. Nasri's workrate on the left on Teusday alone, should guarantee him a start. And when you add that to the clinic he put on offensively, no one in there right minds should be considering benching him.

Same lineup as teusday, with Negredo instead of Dzeko as the only likely change.

Pellegrini was very quick to speak today about the need for rotation, And 7 games in 21 days.

I think Jovetic will play with Aguero pushed forward to exploit his speed against Ferdinand and Vidic.
Yeah, but of those 7, there are 3 crucial ones I believe. Plzen, United, Bayern. You rotate around these 3.

waspish said:
A win and nothing less..

We have dominated these games while Mancini was the manager even when losing... Big test for Pelegrini this is a game where we will see if he is as good as they say...

Totally with you on this.

I want pellers to succeed but...well, I watched his pre derby presser and was.....underwhelmed. I'm gunning for a 2-1 home win and will be unhappy with a draw and devastated with a loss.

Time to lay down a marker for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.