The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Think the 4-2-2-2 will get torn to shreds at times. Carrick is a clever passer and if someone isn't on him quickly (with Fernandinho the only realistic option) he can put balls through our lines with ease. Need Clichy back and hope Nasri can reproduce his display from tonight.

What about Merlin? What are his chances of recovering in time?

His over the shoulder pass to set up Dzeko for the 5th and his goal (was it number 4?) in the 6-1 at the swamp were two of my favorite footballing memories in the past decade.

if were all fired up we'l do them, there not what they were in the mid and at the back, best form of defence is possession push the ball around 'they dont like it' the gaps will be there and we will get a couple

Seeing Vinny play 90 minutes tonight makes me feel much more confident but Yaya and Fernandinho, assuming that's who gets picked, are the ones who most need to have a great game. Whoever sees most of the ball will create the most chances and with good finishers on both sides, that needs to be us. I'm sure United won't want to sit back and defend either, so that should open up a bit of space for Navas to run into too.

2-0, Dzeko and Navas.

mat said:
Boring as fuck 0-0

Webb will whack a few yellows out early which will stop both playing

Think it is has draw written all over it. Moyes will be cautious and Pellers has a rep for being cautious in big matches and its a game neither will want to lose so a draw is I reckon the likeliest outcome. Or we could spank them 5-0. Who knows. The bigger games are less of a worry because Yaya, Sergio et al turn up for them. Plus we have won 3 out of the last 4 so we have an edge there as well.

Providing there are no sendings off it'll be close with only 1 goal in it. I want the gloating aresholes dicked though and fancy us to do them. Christ they've had enough luck to last a fucking season already with some decisions that have gone their way. A blatant offside and some of the worst defending and keeping i've ever seen to give them their victory tonight! Some glaring misses by Fatman and Robin as well!
On the plus side they let two in with shite defending of their own so they're vulnerable at the back. Although some might consider us being a bit shaky at the back we've got 4 clean sheets out of 5 games and Vinny is back. We must not allow them space to hit us on the counter in the early stages of the match. Patience is the key like it was tonight.
I fancy us for another clean sheet and Aguerro to notch 1 - 0 (Sergio loves it against these twats and will have any of their back 4 on toast 1 to 1)

Moyes will just ask them to play like Everton against us - usually works, doesn't it?

Fellaini to avoid two stonewall red cards with his elbows.

Bay Area Blue2 said:
NQCitizen said:
Think the 4-2-2-2 will get torn to shreds at times. Carrick is a clever passer and if someone isn't on him quickly (with Fernandinho the only realistic option) he can put balls through our lines with ease. Need Clichy back and hope Nasri can reproduce his display from tonight.

What about Merlin? What are his chances of recovering in time?

His over the shoulder pass to set up Dzeko for the 5th and his goal (was it number 4?) in the 6-1 at the swamp were two of my favorite footballing memories in the past decade.

At the moment I would be putting Nasri in over Silva.

Silva should be back for Sunday though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.