The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

I think this is the first Derby I have not been nervous about for a while. in the last 3 - 4 years the Derby games have been very tense because its either been a semi final, cup game, knocking them off the top and so on. this game is just as important but there is no tension there like recent games.

I think im just going to enjoy the banter and hopefully beating them, rather than that "this is life or death" feeling of the last few games<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:12 am --<br /><br />I think this is the first Derby I have not been nervous about for a while. in the last 3 - 4 years the Derby games have been very tense because its either been a semi final, cup game, knocking them off the top and so on. this game is just as important but there is no tension there like recent games.

I think im just going to enjoy the banter and hopefully beating them, rather than that "this is life or death" feeling of the last few games

bluemooncas said:
Have been feeling a bit nervy for a week now or is it excitement , 43 years old and acting like a kid waiting for Xmas,
But for a week it's all I can think about the second I wake up to the second I go to bed,
Ditto, tomorrow's game was the first thing that came in my head, when I opened my eyes this morning, it's like "Have I got an Xbox one or a megadrive for Christmas", and I'm 39!.

I'm not going and I'm not watching. I've come to the realisation that whats the point of making myself bad for days before and during the match. I just am not mentally stable enough lol. I've made myself available to play cricket instead. I'm a forty one year old Dad of two who is also a headteacher and I'm still making myself ill with worry and anxiety!!! Yes I need to get a life I know. Anyway, I've decided I can't stand it, so I'm going to play cricket, sky plus it, and watch it later if we don't lose. If we do lose, I can pretend it never happened and not listen to the radio or look on the internet for the week!!! My anxiety levels are so much better as a result of my decision believe me. I'm doing this as a one off mind you! I'm sure the lads will manage without my negative worry for one game. Come on city!!!!!

wattle said:
I'm not going and I'm not watching. I've come to the realisation that whats the point of making myself bad for days before and during the match. I just am not mentally stable enough lol. I've made myself available to play cricket instead. I'm a forty one year old Dad of two who is also a headteacher and I'm still making myself ill with worry and anxiety!!! Yes I need to get a life I know. Anyway, I've decided I can't stand it, so I'm going to play cricket, sky plus it, and watch it later if we don't lose. If we do lose, I can pretend it never happened and not listen to the radio or look on the internet for the week!!! My anxiety levels are so much better as a result of my decision believe me. I'm doing this as a one off mind you! I'm sure the lads will manage without my negative worry for one game. Come on city!!!!!
Sounds like a good plan, add 10 pints and some Valium to it, then you really are onto a winner!.

Left side is a weakness that they will undoubtedly target - Kolarov just can't defend and there is no cover in front of him. This will pull Nasty out of position. Im dreading this.
I expect Milner to play and his combo with Zabaleta should seal up the right side.

Since the semi final win over the Rags at Wembley I have gone into every derby genuinely thinking we will win.
Man for man we are a better team overall. No different for this one.
They don't scare me anymore and that is a nice feeling.

I'm interested to see how MP deals with effectively his first big game as our manager. Will he spring any surprises, both in formation and personnel, to keep gollum on the back foot?

Personally I think he will start Silva and go with 5 in the middle, Sergio as lone striker.

Don't worry about them any more. Just looking forward to it. Wouldn't say I expect us to win these days, but I certainly don't fear us playing them any more.

Even Rooney's wind up attempt seems embarrassingly weak. Who cares?

Have a feeling tomorrow will be a huge moment for this Pellegrini side. It's exactly what we need to kick on and have some fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.