The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

I am sure camel gob and evra came out with the same shite rughead is spouting about liverpool , if we are not their biggest why do they keep on saying it every few months? , baconface was the main culprit his annual "dippers are our main rivals" crap.. Derby nerves start on match day for me ,as for the game , if we dont concede in the first 20 minutes i am confident we will win the game , but shrek has a habit of nicking an early goal at our place and then we have to battle back for a draw . Personally much as i hate yoooonited , the bayern game is the must win match ,

What I don't like if the way they get their mates in the press to hype them up, every bloody Derby, all we hear about is Shreks overhead kick but never a mention of the time a team came to the swamp and put 6 past them

burning blue soul said:
jimharri said:
lmjones1uk said:
Any pro city articles today? Rag PR machine has been into over drive as lots of Pro united / Rooney stories plus the old "Liverpool" is our biggest rival chestnut!
Didi on SSN saying we have more potential than the vermin.

look on skys' sport website today. fecking hilarious - 5 articles about the scum (all pro scum) and 1 article about city (negative). where is that conspiracy thread when i need it!!!

the agenda is there for all to see. only the rags on here deny its there.

de niro said:
burning blue soul said:
jimharri said:
Didi on SSN saying we have more potential than the vermin.

look on skys' sport website today. fecking hilarious - 5 articles about the scum (all pro scum) and 1 article about city (negative). where is that conspiracy thread when i need it!!!

the agenda is there for all to see. only the rags on here deny its there.

I am not a great believer in the agenda but I have been shocked by the amount of Pro United stories in the press today,

Classic from keown in the mail today, picked his Manchester xi, given his football genius his three man midfield consisted of yaya, carrick and fallaini. Just a good job he doesn't take up management when he would bench silva in place of those two rags.

Ducado said:
What I don't like if the way they get their mates in the press to hype them up, every bloody Derby, all we hear about is Shreks overhead kick but never a mention of the time a team came to the swamp and put 6 past them

Even if you have never been one for conspiracy theories and a press agenda, you would have to wonder about it when you read the papers today. The mail has (predictably) Shrek's wonder shin goal plastered all over it, headlines about how much Rapist's last minute goal must have hurt us, all sort of Scum favourable stats. And not one word about the 6-1 nor the fact that we have a much better record than them in the Derbies over recent years.

And then to add insult to injury, a ridiculous article saying the car washers at City are sad to see Barry leave because he's the only one who tipped and the other players are so tight they argue over the £25 valeting fee. Utterly pathetic.

They'd print articles about all the City players having unusually small testiles if they thought they wouldn't get sued over it. Just pathetic.

Re: Derby nerves

Der Bomber said:
LIke a lot of the earlier posters, I am not scared by them anymore. But I HATE Derby matches. Hate them hate them hate them. I just can't bear the thought of losing to those vermin and of having to listen to their rabble afterwords.

Back in the day it was easier for me. You'd expect to get battered but then when you got something else it was the greatest thing ever. That 4-1 in the spring of '04 where Fowler netted about 4 minutes in was one of the greatest feelings I'd ever had up to that point.

In a strange way I almost miss those old days where there was nothing to lose and only upside. Nothing was worse as a "derby week" than the 30 April match in '12. I was such a wreck that I ALMOST did not watch that.

I hate derbies until they are over and won. Back in the day I used to dread a real humiliation even though it rarely happened. Nowadays, of course, there's more at stake in terms of the games' bearing on silverware. Our prospects of defeating the shite are much higher but these games are still unpredictable. Ultimately, because I love City and despise the rags, every derby is nerve-racking.

That said, tomorrow is slighly less pressured because the consequences of any particular result are unlikely to be immediate.

Chippy_boy said:
Ducado said:

Even if you have never been one for conspiracy theories and a press agenda, you would have to wonder about it when you read the papers today. The mail has (predictably) Shrek's wonder shin goal plastered all over it, headlines about how much Rapist's last minute goal must have hurt us, all sort of Scum favourable stats. And not one word about the 6-1 nor the fact that we have a much better record than them in the Derbies over recent years.

And then to add insult to injury, a ridiculous article saying the car washers at City are sad to see Barry leave because he's the only one who tipped and the other players are so tight they argue over the £25 valeting fee. Utterly pathetic.

They'd print articles about all the City players having unusually small testiles if they thought they wouldn't get sued over it. Just pathetic.

It's like they are whipping the Rag armchair fans into a frenzy, I guess it gets them buying the papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.